A Clueless Lovebug - Part Two

After what felt like hours as I tried to get my bearings straight, I pulled together enough courage to step out of the bathroom and into the hallway where I was greeted with a mob of children all busily crowding every corner of the long ascending hallway. Some of them headed over to the cafeteria, while others made their way outside the back door and onto the asphalt where they played on the playground, swings, sat down on the bench, kicked a soccer ball around, etc. Most days, I usually just sit in the cafeteria eating whatever horrible food they serve. Sometimes I'll sit next to someone in particular, such as Dib or Zita or Gretchen, while other days I'll just hang out in a group of people. I'm not exactly friends with everyone, but I'm not on the loser side of the spectrum either. I kinda just fit in anywhere. Although lately, Dib and I have sort of been getting along pretty well these days compered to the other kids, ever since he and I were paired together in a science project a few weeks ago and we found out we shared some of the same interests and hobbies. We aren't exactly friends, but we're close acquaintances. Anyhow, as I pushed my way past a handful of arrogant students, I was locked out of my thoughts when I Dib suddenly emerged himself through everyone and up to me with a look of worry on his face.

'(Y/N), there you are,' He exclaimed, letting out a sigh of relief, 'I've been looking everywhere for you.'

'You have?' I questioned, scratching the back of my head out of embarrassment.

'Well, not everywhere, but I've been looking around.' Dib proclaimed in a joking manner. 'You're sudden reaction in the classroom had me worried. Are you alright?'

'Oh... I uh, think so...?' I mumbled, the slightest blush making its way onto my cheeks, 'I'm not too sure what happened, but I think I'm okay.'

'Glad to hear.' He stated, before his eyes popped open in an expression of sudden interest. 'Oh, while you're here, I should tell you about what happened once you left.'

'What do you mean?' I asked curiously.

'Well, almost as soon as you left the room, I turned to where you were facing and noticed Zim, the new kid. And I know exactly why you reacted the way you did.'

'Y-you do?' I stuttered, my voice cracking in shame.

'Yes!' Dib exclaimed excitedly. 'Once I saw it for myself, it became so obvious. I mean, green skin, three fingers, no nose and no ears. He's an alien! Right!?'

This took me by surprise completely. I knew Dib had an obsession for the supernatural and fantasy creatures and stuff, but... Zim being an alien sounds a little weird...

Although, now that he's said that, he does make a good point. It's very weird for someone to have all those appearances on them. And... he did seem different, as in his presence felt unusual. As if some kind of extra-terrestrial wave of emotions hit me when I was around him, something I'd never felt before with anyone else. Yet again, Dib pulled me out of my thoughts as he continued ranting on.

'And you should have seen the stare he gave you when you left. His eyes just glued onto the place where he last saw you. It was so sinister looking.'

'Dib, everything looks sinister-looking to you...' I explained with a monotone voice.

'But Zim is different. I can tell!' Dib argued, 'I bet he was trying to somehow mind-control you, or telepathically try and brainwash you, or...'

'AHEM!'

The sound of someone blatantly letting out a fake cough from a few meters behind Dib unexpectedly rang out into our conversation, distracting the both of us as we turned to look who it was. Low and behold, it was the new kid, Zim, standing there with a slightly annoyed expression as he eyed Dib off from the back of his head.