💞 Our Newest Addition - Part Three 💞

(WARNING: This chapter contains a fair amount of angst + thoughts and mentions of abortion. If these are topics that distress you or make you uncomfortable in any way, please DO NOT read this chapter)

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

As you stood in front of the mirror, posing and switching yourself up in various different directions, you couldn't help but notice the subtle little change in your weight. It wasn't too noticeable, but the more you observed yourself from your reflection the more you pondered at the sight of your belly, taking note of the fact you could see the developmental little bump starting to form. You were only in the early stages of your second trimester, yet despite this you were starting to feel a little self conscious about your appearance, albeit how ridiculous that might sound. Whether you were the type of person to worry about their weight or not, you grew to understand why pregnant women often fixated on their bulging stomachs and you knew your hormones certainly played a part in it.

Standing alone in your room, you lifted your shirt up and with one swift motion you tossed it aside on the bed and prepared to grab the other shirt alongside it, a freshly washed shirt you were planning on wearing out to your little hospital visit today. As you walked back over to the mirror to put it on, you stopped for a brief moment, reflecting on yourself again as you turned to your side and observed the little bump that was brought to your attention once again. Whether this bump was noticeable to Zim or anyone else was something you were unsure about, but you knew your body better than anyone else so of course you could see the difference in your figure, despite how miniscule it realistically was. You sighed as you placed a free hand on the surface of your belly, holding onto your shirt with the other hand, as you gently motioned your palm up and down, gliding along your skin while being fully aware of what you were almost in contact with. It felt so close, yet so far from you, which only made you sigh quietly, longing for the day when you do get to hold your baby. In a sudden burst of loudness, the door was pushed open and your attention was caught when you heard wolf-whistling coming from behind you, your heart racing at an alarming rate as though you'd just heard a gunshot nearby.

"Look at what we have here!" Zim announced, leaning one arm against the doorframe as he gazed at you with a charming smile.

Blushing, you rolled your eyes at him and laughed it off. "Relax, honey. I'm just getting ready." Pulling your shirt on over your head, you slotted your arms through the sleeves and spared a short moment to glance at yourself in the mirror.

"We're already ten minutes late. How much longer will you be?" Zim asked impatiently, bringing his arm down off the doorframe to cross them both over his chest.

"Not long, I just need to grab something from the bathroom real quick." You stated, dusting yourself off a little from the end of your shirt.

"Alright then. I'll go start up the ship." Zim exclaimed. With a casual nod coming from you, Zim proceeded to step back from the doorframe and head down the hallway while you made your way over to the bathroom. Stepping inside, you soon found what you were looking for; a prescription bottle stationed right on the top of the bathroom sink. To call them a medication of any kind would be a complete overstatement, rather they were special vitamin tablets that were prescribed to you by Dr Qesta the last time you had a visit at the hospital about two weeks ago. These vitamins are specifically designed to help pregnant women keep their general health stabilized and to ensure a safe development of the fetus during the average gestation period for any female creature. Grabbing two from the bottle, you tossed them back and washed it down with a mouthful of water, allowing it to slide down your throat completely before you took a few more sips of water. Reaching up to place the container back in the top cabinet, you were caught off guard by a sudden motion that tugged inside of you. It wasn't sharp or painful by any degree, but you did admit to yourself that it wasn't overly comfortable to experience. Then, before you knew it, another little push could be felt pressing on your body from the inside. Then another. And another.