TWO

Gemma sat at the breakfast table with her head slumped on the surface. The feast last night had been uneventful, and Dumbledore's speech had made her more convinced than ever that he was secretly evil and trying to hand the world over to Satan.

After the feast however, Gemma, Ted, Luke (very reluctantly) and Iz had snuck out of the school and drank firewhiskey by the black lake. It was the first night back, and tradition to break the rules (up until third year they did it with butterbeer), have fun and nearly get expelled. Only now Gemma was tired from lack of sleep, and she wasn't the only one. Luke sat opposite her, in a similar situation. Ted and Iz however, were completely lively, discussing the pros and cons of oral sex.

Gemma was only alerted when someone came and sat down beside her. It was Regulus Black.

'Hey,' he said while helping himself to a bowl of cereal, as though they'd been friends forever.

'Hi,' Gemma said carefully. 'Hope you didn't mind.. um..'

'You throwing me to the wolves yesterday?' Regulus joked. 'Nah, it was alright. Do you know when quidditch practise starts?' She frowned.

'Aren't you the captain?' She asked. He blinked a few times, looking slightly confused.

'Oh yeah,' he mumbled. Gemma couldn't help but laugh at him, while he gave her a sheepish look.

They began discussing the best techniques to use against Hufflepuff and Gryffindor, with Ted chipping in occasionally, until Mulciber and Avery slid in beside them. Gemma immediately became wary, eyeing Mulciber's smirk.

'Discussing quidditch, are we?' He mused.

'I seem to recall little Reggie made team captain, did he not?' Avery continued.

'Ah yes, that's right,' Mulciber mocked. 'Even though he's only just a little thing.'

'And there are other people on the team.'

'Older than him.'

'Better than him.'

'You reckon he slept with Slughorn to get himself promoted?'

They both laughed at their own taunts, but Regulus said nothing, focusing on his bowl. It was clear he was nervous though, because he didn't take another spoonful.

'You guys are on the team?' Gemma asked. Mulciber frowned.

'Yes,' Avery sneered. 'Maybe you should pay more attention to things around you'

'Maybe you should notice you're unwanted here and fuck off,' Ted snapped.

Avery was about to retort when Iz let out a shriek. Apparently she'd finally noticed Avery was present.

'What are you doing here!' She cried. 'Get him away from me! Oh my god, I'm having flashbacks!' Luke- who had woken up from her shouts- groaned.

'Would you tone it down a bit?' He said, and slumped his head back on the table.

'Flashbacks!' Avery replied, albeit a little anxiously. 'You're the one who threw a bookshelf at me!'

'Bookshelf?' Regulus whispered to Gemma. 'How on Earth did she do that?'

'She's freakishly strong,' she whispered back.

'You alright man?' Ted asked Luke, patting him lightly on the back.

'Only because you deserved it!' Iz practically screamed, attracting the attention of more than a couple Slytherins.

'Just tired,' Luke stated.