FIFTEEN

a/n- pretty long chapter, but totally worth it <3

'Gemma, someone's here to see you!' Her dad called. Gemma groaned and buried her head in her pillow. She sat up groggily, and was about to get out of bed when she decided not to. She slumped back down onto her pillow.

She got ten minutes of peace until someone entered her room, wrenched the pillow from under her head and started hitting her with it. Hard. 

'Okay okay!' She yelped, sitting up hastily. 

'Good,' Iz said, standing up straight. Ted stood behind her in the doorway, looking rather bashful. It had been over ten days since she'd seen him. She'd owled him for Christmas Eve yesterday, but he hadn't responded. His eye was swollen a bit purple, and she winced at the sight. He grinned.

'Nasty, right?' He said. 'You should've seen his face though, when I swore at him really loudly.' Gemma stared at him. 

'Swore at him?' She repeated. 'At who? Your dad?'

'Yes. Oh don't look alarmed, he hits me all the time. The point is, this time I didn't run away from it,' he declared proudly.

'That's great Ted,' she said. 'What did you do after?'

'I ran away to Iz's house,' he said, slightly crestfallen.

'Damn,' Gemma said. 'Dude are you okay?'

'Never better,' he responded, his grin widening. 'Freedom is mine!'  They laughed and Iz rolled her eyes.

'I'm bored,' she whined. 

'That's because we aren't talking about you,' Gemma said. 

'Ex-act-ly. Now, I have the day all planned out.' She pulled out a piece of paper from her pocket and laid it down on Gemma's bed. 

'Oh great,' Gemma grumbled. 'More planning. When have we ever actually stuck to these plans?'

'Never,' Iz conceded. 'But maybe today we shall break that tradition.'

'Anything for you,' Ted agreed, nodding his head. Gemma rolled her eyes and hit him round the head.

'Man you are whipped,' She said incredulously. 

'I don't know what that means but we are losing focus here,' Iz snapped. 'Now. Part one, we all go to Diagon Alley and buy each other Christmas presents because Ted hasn't really had time, Gemma you are always unprepared and I just couldn't be bothered until now.'

'Wow,' Gemma breathed. 'Buying each other Christmas presents on Christmas day? We really are great friends to each other.'

'I always buy you guys presents a week before,' Ted defended. 'I just couldn't this time.'

'What would you guys want, anyway?' Gemma asked.

'Nothing gold, I hate gold,' Iz said. 'Anyway, afterwards, we shall go to Florean Fortescue's and give each other our presents.. We will be back by nightfall to spend Christmas with your father because Ted and I hate ours.' 

'Well?' Ted looked at Gemma. 'You gonna get changed, or are you going in unicorn pyjamas?' She rolled her eyes and crossed the room to her wardrobe. Ted left, but Iz stayed, rambling about how excited she was. 

Gemma pulled off her t-shirt, and Iz grinned.

'You know, half the girls in Hogwarts would swap bodies to have abs and muscles like you,' She said matter- of- factly. 'So would half the Boys actually.'

'And you?' Gemma teased. Iz snorted.

'They're nice and all, but I wouldn't trade this ass for anything.' They both giggled, and feeling slightly more encouraged, she wore a pair of flared jeans (which she'd drawn all over with a black marker), and her dads old sweater, which frayed at the edges.