FIFTY THREE

a/n- I didn't edit this chapter. Honestly I just wanted to get it done and break my writer's block. It's quite immature but I really wanted to write something light again. I'm not taking this off hold so keep your expectations low, but I do plan on releasing an occasional chapter until the Christmas holidays.

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

As sleep slipped away from her grasp, Gemma became vaguely aware of the irritating, incessant ticking of the clock on the wall. Pandora had put up a clock in the girls' own dormitory back in first year, but Gemma had thrown it out rather rudely within two nights; she couldn't stand the intrusive, repetitive sound which impeded her train of thought.

Unfortunately, the boys seemed to have no such qualms, and she felt rudely awakened from her slumber at six in the morning. She noticed Ted and Luke and Barty Crouch- all asleep- but Regulus was not present. Recalling the events of last night, she grabbed the pillow and screamed silently into it. Why couldn't she have chosen a normal boy?

Getting up and leaving as silently as she could, Gemma got dressed in the girls' dormitory and then went downstairs for breakfast, where everyone was already present- including, irritatingly, Natsya.

She slumped down next to Ted. 'Hi,' she said dully.

'Morning,' he said cheerily. 'Sleep well? I always wondered what Black's bed was like.'

'Black's bed?' Mulciber blurted from further down the table, looking appalled. He turned to stare at Regulus. 'Well, isn't that interesting.'

'Crouch nearly had an aneurysm,' Luke informed Gemma dryly. 'He was strangely worried that Salazar Slytherin would come back to life and murder you?'

Natsya let out a nasally, high-pitched giggle, even though nothing funny had been said, which made Gemma want to rip out her vocal chords.

'I thought we agreed-' Snape hissed, but Regulus cut him off with a glare.

'It's none of your business,' he said sharply.

'What's not our business?' Snyde asked, coming to sit beside Luke. Gage was with him, and Gemma recoiled internally from his presence. 'I demand to know your business.'

'Did anything happen?' Ted encouraged, grinning ear-to-ear. 'Black was super flushed and his shirt was all crooked-'

'Shut up, Nott,' Regulus snarled, his ears going red.

'I thought we wouldn't fuck half-bloods,' Avery complained loudly, 'we made a deal! Regulus, you said I couldn't date that third year because-'

'Because she's a third year,' Regulus snapped, 'she's still twelve.'

'I don't quite see why that's an issue-'

'Wait, I'm confused,' Snyde complained. 'Let me get the story straight- '

'Don't get involved,' Gage muttered, spooning cereal into his mouth. It struck Gemma how different Gage was to Iz.

'Good morning,' someone said cheerily, as Sirius Black and James Potter came to sit at the Slytherin table. Everyone fell absolutely silent. Nobody moved, or spoke.

'Why is everyone staring at us?' Sirius whispered to Gemma, leaning towards her.

'Because of your dashing good looks,' she whispered back. He nodded with knowing.

'Beauty is a burden,' he said with a sad look of acceptance.

Shockingly, nobody hexed them. They just continued glaring, as the two Gryffindors indifferently filled their bowls with porridge, although Potter took one bite then spat it back out.