SEVEN

The next week went by in a blur. Gemma fell into a sort of routine- breakfast, lessons, library or common room doing homework with Regulus, Luke, Ted or Iz, and then sleep.

Today, while Gemma sat at breakfast with the others, she was bored out of mind. It wasn't that they weren't interesting, she just needed constant action to be taking place around her.

As she scanned the Great Hall, she caught sight of Mulciber entering with Avery and Snape. A Gryffindor first year boy tried to run past them, but Mulciber stuck out him leg and the lad tripped, books skittering across the floor. The tree bullies sat down, laughing their heads off.

'What a bunch of saddos,' Ted commented, following her gaze.

'It was kind of funny though,' Iz said. 'Would've been funnier if he was Hufflepuff, but, still.'

'Hufflepuff?' Regulus said confusedly. 'Why do we hate Hufflepuffs now?'

'Um, because their nice? And annoying? And literally the house full of spares with no qualities,' Iz said as though it was obvious.

'I guess kindness and loyalty have left the building,' Luke muttered.

'They aren't important,' Iz said. As Luke and Iz argued, Gemma thought of ways to entertain herself.

'I have an idea,' she murmured. Ted and Regulus heard her, and looked intrigued. She didn't have to say anything, just looked at Ted and then at her goblet of orange juice.

'Ooooohhh,' he said. 

'Oooohhh?' Regulus asked.

'Gotcha.' Ted pulled out his wand and cleared his throat. 'Wingardium Leviosa!' 

The goblet lifted into the air and floated some way down the large table. Then it stopped over its victim, right before it tipped upside-down, pouring its contents onto the victim's head. 

'Son of a bitch!' Mulciber gasped, standing up quickly. Ted and Gemma burst out laughing, while some others blinked in confusion. Regulus spotted McGonagall coming their way.

'Let's run!' He implored to Gemma. She looked at him for a second, and he grabbed her hand and ran with her out of the hall.

'Mr Nott!' They heard McGonagall snap before they left.

'We totally left him to the tiger,' she giggled. Regulus smiled.

'Yeah I er, I guess we did.' They stood against a wall, caching their breath. They were still holding hands, but he didn't seem to mind, and she definitely didn't either.  

'Hey, you didn't get to do the tradition with us this year did you?' She said suddenly.

'Tradition?'

'Yes! We drink, and spill secrets about what happened over the summer, and laugh, and nearly drown in the black lake sometimes. It's like, a friendship renewal... vow... sealing thingy.'

'Friendship renewal vow sealing thingy. Are you just looking for an excuse to drink?'

'Always, Regulus Black, always.'

'Its Tuesday.'

'So? Live a little, you're fifteen not fifty.'

'I don't know...'

'Please! Please please please!' She begged making her best impression of puppy eyes.

'You look really dumb.'

She punched him lightly in the arm and he laughed.

.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.