THIRTY THREE

Gemma sat in the corner, reading. This book was written by Sir Rhys Cox, but was proving to have minimal useful information. Pus the text was so tiny she had to squint to read, and it was slowly giving her a headache. She was on the train to go h- no. Not home. She was on the train to go to Iz's home, because she didn't have a home anymore. Dumbledore and McGonagall were still looking for someone she could live with over summer, but all those sympathetic aunts and uncles from the funeral seemed to have disappeared the second responsibility came into the picture, and they were taking their sweet time about it.

'Gemma!' Ted said coming into the compartment, Luke and Iz following.

'Its Christmas,' Iz sang. 

'Its Easter,' Luke corrected, not looking up from his book.

'Same thing,' she huffed. Gemma put her book aside, folding the page so she wouldn't lose her place. Luke, very slowly, lowered his own.

'Did you just. Fold. The page?' He asked, voice dangerously low. Gemma saw her life flash before her eyes.

'R.I.P Gemma, fly high,' Ted murmured. 

'I can explain,' She began. Then she thought the better of it and ran out of the compartment, clutching her book to her chest.

'Blasphemer!' Luke yelled after her. 'I'll get my revenge someday!'

She didn't stop running until she knocked into someone. She nearly tripped, but they grabbed onto her arm just in time. She was about to thank them, but they smirked at her and let go. She fell to the ground with an 'oof' noise.

'Watch where your going,' Snyde said cockily. 

'Prat,' She groaned, standing. He shrugged.

'At least I broke your fall. Why are you charging down train corridors?'

'I folded the page of a book,' She said. He stared at her, waiting for an explanation, but she gave none. He frowned.

'Book? You can read? I thought you jocks thought yourself above that kind of stuff.'

'Of course I can read,' she snorted. 'And I'm just as much a 'jock' as you are.'

'Do you know what a jock is?' He asked innocently. 

'Probably something bad. Am I right?'

'A jock is a sports person,' he explained, like she was dumb. 'An American word actually. Wouldn't expect the likes of you to know it anyway.'

'And I am done talking to you,' she huffed. More like being insulted by you. She made her way down the train as the whistle blew and it started to leave its station. She found Regulus and Snape on the way.

'Hey, its Severus!" She said, slinging her arm round his shoulder. 'How are  you doing, Severus?'

Severus wrinkled his nose at her while Regulus explained. 'We're trying to find Avery and Mulciber,' he said. 'Have you seen them?'

'Of course not,' she said shrugging. 'Why on Earth would I want to  see them?'

'You seemed pretty close with Mulciber a month ago,' Snape said dully. 

'Do you not have somewhere to be?' She asked him sweetly. He looked at Regulus for help, but Regulus just raised his eyebrows and shrugged, so he left, grumbling slightly. She turned back to Regulus. 'His face irritates me.' 

Regulus laughed, and said, 'Of course it does.'

Their conversation faded to silence, neither one knowing what to say. Gemma spoke first.