FOURTEEN

'I'm sorry.'

'I know that.'

'I really am though.'

'I know that, too.'

'I hurt you.'

'Well... no, technically it wasn't you.'

'But it was my body. Which means I'm not letting go until you forgive me. Formally.'

'I'm getting a back ache.'

'Well I certainly didn't tell you to grow so tall.'

Gemma sighed. Iz was squeezing her in a hug, refusing to let go.

'Okay okay, I forgive you,' she said.

'Formally,' Iz reminded.

'Fine! I, Gemma, forgive you, Isolde, for... someone else trying to kill me. Happy?' Finally, Iz let go.

'Yes. Very. Now hurry up and eat, and then join me on the train. Compartment 106.' And with that, she skipped away merrily.

'She is strange,' Luke remarked from over his book.

'That she is,' Gemma replied.

'She's awesome,' Ted sighed dreamily, leaning his head on his arm. Gemma pushed it and his head fell, face first into his cereal bowl. Luke and Gemma both burst out laughing.

'That was mean,' Luke said. 'Do it again'.

'I hate you,' Ted gasped, his face soaked. He stood up and stalked away.

'Hey... Teddy, buddy, come back!' She called out in between laughs.

Luke and Gemma stayed for about fifteen more minutes, before they both gathered their things and got on the train. They found Iz and Ted- alongside Mulciber, Avery and Snape. They all looked slightly red, as though they'd been arguing.

'Gemma!' Iz exclaimed as soon as she saw them. 'Help!'

'These three are refusing to leave our compartment,' Ted huffed.

'I don't see your name on it,' Avery muttered.

'Gemma do something,' Iz demanded.

'What do you want me to do?' Gemma replied.

'Literally anything. You only have to pull out your wand and something always manages to go wrong.'

'Um, ouch?' Avery and Snape started snickering.

'I don't see why we can't all sit here,' Mulciber drawled. 'Like one big... happy family.'

'Yes, I agree,' Luke spoke up from behind Gemma, his face still buried in his book. 'I honestly just want to read, and this is getting tedious.'

And so, all seven of them squished into the tiny compartment, and Gemma found herself in between Mulciber and the window. Ted gave him a dirty look, as if trying to threaten him. Gemma sincerely doubted it was working.

'So if we're all a family,' Avery started. What're our roles?'

'Well,' Ted began, clapping his hands. 'Avery and Iz can be the divorced parents. I'll be the new stepdad, Luke can be the kid, Gemma can be the cool aunty, Mulciber should be the family dog and Snape is the creepy neighbour who's always looking through the window.'

'Looks like you've been thinking about this your whole life,' Snape droned.

'I cannot be the mother of children with Avery,' Iz snapped. 'I would never let my poor children be subject to such horrible genes.'