THIRTY FIVE

'You don't understand, we can't wait another month!' Gemma roared. 'We need to go now!'

'We cannot simply go and storm the Hargreaves' manor without reason,' Dumbledore said calmly. 

'There is a reason!' 

'What is it?' Sturgis said sceptically.

'I just said I can't fucking tell you!' She yelled.

'Gemma!' Her mother said, surprised. 'Please, watch your tone!'

As soon as she'd heard what had taken place from Snyde, and promised Gage she wouldn't tell anyone about the mark, she'd immediately sent a letter to Dumbledore saying they needed to meet urgently, the only thing on her mind was Regulus' safety. Less than an hour later, here she was, in the Order's headquarters. 

She willed herself to be calm, and sucked in a deep breath. She hadn't wanted to use what she was about to say, but in that moment she was willing to do anything if it meant seeing that Regulus was okay and safe. 

'I have... news,' she said carefully. 'That Voldemort has recently recruited someone... special. An occlumens.' It was like flipping a switch. Genevieve gasped and Sturgis dropped the pen he was flipping around. Dumbledore remained as passive as ever, but a hint of concern was evident on his face.

'And where did you find this information?' He asked darkly. 

'I won't tell you,' she said bluntly. 

'Then how can we trust you?' Genevieve pointed out. Really, mother?

'Your the one who wanted me to join because of my Slytherinness, a.k.a knowing what's going on on the other side. So I guess you'll just have to.' 

Genevieve and Dumbledore exchanged a glance. They seemed to be silently discussing their options.

'There's a way to get in,' Sturgis said suddenly. 'But only tonight, so we have to decide quickly. 

'Proceed,' Dumbledore said impatiently.

'A ball is taking place. Goddamn show- offs those purebloods, its absolutely pointless, but it could be a good excuse for us to search the manor.'

'We could find out who the occlumens is,' Genevieve realised. 'And eliminate him.'

'Eliminate?' Gemma repeated. 'What do you mean eliminate?'

'An occlumens is a threat to everything we have,' her mother told her. 'If he knows occlumency, it won't be long before he learns legilimency. What then? Nothing would be a secret from the Dark Lord anymore, Gemma.'

'But- but Voldemort is a legilimens.'

'And we are very unlikely to come into contact with him. His Death Eaters, however...'

'That doesn't mean we have to kill her!'

'Her?' Dumbledore said suspiciously. 'You are aware of who it is?'

'No,' Gemma lied. 'I just- how do you know its a him? Bit presumptuous, no?'

'Very well,' Dumbledore said, still looking at her, clearly not convinced, 'Sturgis and Gemma, you shall go tomorrow night and accomplish what you can. Dorcas is currently busy, so she will not be accompanying you.' His blue eyes seemed to pierce through Gemma. 'I hope you find what you are truly looking for.'

He stood and left the room, and Sturgis left too. Gemma was about to follow when Genevieve grabbed her arm. 

'Gemme, attends. Comment ça va?' Her mother tried.