ELEVEN

Regulus sat in the library, cursing as he smudged ink all over his piece of parchment. He'd lost his pen, and was now unused to the way of quill and ink. It wasn't like he could just ask Gemma for another one.

They hadn't spoken in almost a week and a half, and Regulus was starting to doubt they ever would, since both were too stubborn to approach the other person first. The only time they spoke was during Quidditch, and that was kept to a bare minimum- usually Regulus giving her advice and her telling him where to stick it.

Now Regulus generally only talked to Elladora, as he followed her advise and tried to stay away from Mulciber, Avery and Snape. It did however, result in him feeling rather lonely, and wishing that Gemma would just come and find him first. If she did, he'd definitely apologise.

As he scrunched up his parchment, he found Isolde Greengrass had taken a seat beside him. She was dabbing at some miniscule flaw she had found in her eyeliner. It looked perfectly fine to Regulus, but he decided not to comment on it.

'Er... hi?' He said, slightly confused.

'Hello,' she said, not looking up at him. 'Now I'm going to talk and your not going interrupt me because I am in a rush. Luke would like me to tell you that now that we've finished the Polyjuice potion we will be carrying out the prank. And you have to join, no arguing. You will be Sirius, I will be the little stupid boy Pietro or whatever, Luke will be Lupin and Ted will be Potter. Oh, and of course, Gemma will be the Evans girl. Damn it, look what you made me do! I just fucked up my wing! Luke asked Ted to come here, but Ted's mad at you, so this is a favour I'm doing you, by the way.'

'Ted? Why is Ted mad at me?' Regulus asked confusedly.

'Because Gemma isn't mad at you, so he is on her behalf. I don't know what happened between you two but its quite annoying, because she and Luke clearly miss you. Anyway, meet us in the common room tomorrow morning at six in the morning.'

'Really?' He said hopefully.

'Yes, I was very annoyed at having to wake up that early on a Saturday, but we still need to figure out to get the hair of the victims and-'

'I meant about Gemma.' Finally she looked at him, scrunching her nose.

'Yes. I don't understand why though. There isn't anything about you to be missed.' And with that, she stood up and left him.

But Regulus wasn't offended by her last few words. Rather he felt a rush of excitement in his stomach; but he couldn't tell whether it was because of the prank they were about to pull off or because Gemma wasn't mad at him.

.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.

Regulus woke up at five thirty. He rolled out of bed, accidentally kicking the empty bottle of Dreamless Sleep potion beside his bed.

He showered quickly, though he needn't have- his drowsiness was evaporating fast as his excitement was growing.

He quickly wore a pair of jeans and a short- sleeved t-shirt. Then he decided he wasn't quite ready to be breaking the dress code his parents had set up, and changed into a pair of black trousers and a dark green jumper instead.

It was now 6:01, and Regulus rushed down the stairs, not wanting to be the last one there. When he arrived however, he found that everyone was already there. Isolde saw him first.

'You are late,' she snapped. The others looked up at him. Regulus caught Gemma's eye first, and he gave her a sort of smile. His heart lifted slightly when she returned it.

'Alright Reg, so we're coming up with a plan,' Luke explained. 'We need to find a way to get a hair from each one of them.'

'I say we Petrificus Totalus them all,' Ted announced.