TWENTY TWO

A few days passed since the argument. Nothing eventful happened, and Gemma was still trying to forget about Regulus, since he'd apparently decided to cut her out of his life completely. It was a bit difficult considering she knew she hadn't done anything wrong, so absolutely refused to go to him first. She'd been in major arguments with her friends before, but this time she was certain their relationship, or friendship, or whatever the hell they'd had was gone. 

She was moping, until Iz ran into the common room.

'Oh my god!' She said, throwing her hands up excitedly. 

'What!' Luke said, mimicking her hand movement.

'Its Elladora Hargreaves! She's like, half dead!' 

'What!' Gemma said in shock. 

'What happened?' Ted asked.

'Well, they were in class, and she tried to kill Avery! He used some spell in self- defence, and she was like, lying on the floor covered in blood, according to Snape.'

'She tried to kill him?' Luke said in disbelief, 'somehow I find that hard to believe.'

'Snape?' Ted said. 'You really believe that slimeball?'

'It's true,' Iz insisted. 'I've talked to loads of Slytherins and that's what they're all saying. Poor Avery... I hope he's okay... Oh my god I need to go apologise to him for the breakup-' 

Gemma stopped listening. Somehow, she agreed with Luke, and couldn't see the kind girl trying to murder anyone, not even Blythe Avery though it would be well within her rights. A thought occurred to her.

'You said she was bleeding,' Gemma said suddenly. 'Like, from cuts?'

'I think so,' Iz replied. 'But who cares? She attacked a Slytherin. She's like, a total traitor-'

'Gotta go,' Gemma said quickly. She ran out of the common room, up the stairs and into the hallway, where she ran into Snape. She took her wand and jabbed it under his throat; she couldn't even use it, but he didn't know that.

'Mulciber,' she seethed. 'Where is he?'

'D-Dumbledore's office,' Snape said, looking genuinely scared. 

'Thanks.' She put her wand back in her pocket and sprinted all the way to Dumbledore's office, nearly knocking Dorcas off her feet on the way.

She was catching her breath, when Mulciber and Avery left the office, looking painfully smug. She didn't waste a second.

She grabbed the front of Mulciber's robes and slammed him hard against the wall. He groaned in pain as his head hit the wall. 

'Go,' she snapped at Avery. Avery folded his arms adamantly.

'It's okay,' Mulciber said rather cockily. 'You can go.' Avery left, grumbling to himself.

Once his friend was out of sight, he raised an eyebrow at the blonde girl. 'If you want to snog that badly, you could just a-'

'The curse he used on Hargreaves,' she cut him off ,'it's the same one he used on you, isn't it?' 

'... Yes,' He said slowly.

'What's the counter-curse?'

'Now why would I tell you that?' He seemed genuinely confused.

'She could die!' Gemma couldn't believe she was having this conversation. 'Like dead dead Mulciber! Stop being a dick just because of some stupid thing that happened a gazillion years ago that wasn't even her fault!'