Chapter 2 - Panic

Winter Soldier's POV

I panic when Rea collapses in my arms. The girl I've always sworn to protect was tortured because she refused to fight me and I attacked her. I immediately swoop her up into my arms and run out of the showers towards the medic bay. I barrel into the room startling the nurses and doctor.

"The Reaper needs help she lost too much blood," I order the doctors who are looking at me fearfully. I don't usually act like this, I only move when told, and speak when ordered. But when it comes to Rea I will always break the rules no matter the consequences.

"Set her down, so we can work," a doctor orders pointing to a bed. I gently set her down and step away slightly but the doctor don't move to help her.

"Help her," I demand almost growling.

"I will not do anything until you leave," the man argues. I am tempted to kill him, but murder won't help Rea so I step outside instead. I don't leave like I was told, I stand outside her door, while doctors including Zola rush in.

A few hours later Dr. Zola steps out and stands in front of me. "What happened?" The man questions in English which catches me off guard.

No one not except Rea speaks to me in English. "I don't know. I found her in the showers bleeding out, she told me she was punished and she passed out." Of course that is the truth but definitely not all of it. No one needs to know of our conversations, if they do they will take them away. They've already taken so much, I can't let them take the one good thing I have left.

The man then whispers assuming I can't hear him, but I can hear every word. "I warned him. This shouldn't have happened again."

Wait. This has happened before, another man has almost killed Rea more than once. "Soldat I need you to dispatch of Lieutenant Vasiliev. He is becoming a problem for Hydra."

Wait a minute, Lieutenant Vasiliev is the Butcher and he constantly has Rea delivered to his quarters though she will never tell me why. I have my suspicions and it always makes me angry.But now I can take out that anger. I nod my acknowledgement before I stalk toward my target's quarters.

I kick open the door to find Vasiliev taking off his shoes probably getting ready for bed. He jumps when he sees me and pulls out a knife from his bedside table. "Солдат, что ты здесь делаешь?" (Soldier what are you doing here?)

"Ты причинил боль кому-то, о ком я забочусь," I spit as I stalk forward. (You hurt someone I care about.)

"Зимний Солдат не заботится о .... ох," Vasiliev scoffs before he comes to some realization. "Эта маленькая сучка. Я знал, что между вами двумя что-то происходит. Но Золя никогда не слушал меня. Я должен сообщить об этом, и ты больше никогда не увидишь эту шлюху." (The Winter Soldier doesn't care about...ooh. That little bitch. I knew there was something going on between the two of you. But Zola would never listen. I should go report this and you'll never see the slut again.)

Vasiliev tries to side step me and dart out behind me but I grab him by the collar and shove him back into the room. "Ваше время мучить других закончилось, Васильев. Ты больше никогда не прикоснешься к ней." (Your time tormenting others is over Vasiliev. You will never touch her again.)

"Я знал, что мое время придет. С Гидрой никто долго не продержится. Но мне было весело разогревать эту маленькую шлюшку для тебя," Vasiliev laughs, he seems oddly okay if not humored by his death sentence. (I knew my time would come. No one lasts long with Hydra. But I had my fun warming up that little slut for you.)