Chapter 23 - Proposition

Steve's POV

I woke up the next morning surprised that I wasn't awoken by either my own nightmares or Bucky's or Madison's.

It's nice waking up peacefully and getting a full night's sleep albeit a rare occasion. I turned slightly to see both Madison and Bucky were asleep.

Madison was on her back and Bucky was on his side cuddling into her while her head was leaned on his. They looked adorable and I savored the moment, they were sleeping peacefully and that was rare.

I tried to shift slightly without disturbing Madison but it didn't work and she ended up waking up. "Y'know it's rude to stare," Madison whispered her voice husky from just waking up.

"I know but you just looked so adorable," I whispered smiling at her.

"What time is it?" Madison questioned as she idly played with Bucky's hair.

"9:30," I responded slightly surprised myself. I never slept in this late and never without waking up at some point in the night.

"We should probably get up," Madison sighed.

"Probably, but Bucky is sleeping."

"We can let him sleep for a little while longer. But for now I need a shower," Madison hated showering. She couldn't wear her leg braces or arm crutches in the shower so she was unable to stand and thus needed either Bucky or I's help.

For several days Madison insisted on doing it herself in the bath. But it was hard work trying to lift her legs and she was still injured so she embarrassed asked me for help.

"Would you like some help?" I offered since she hated asking.

"If it's not a bother," she mumbled as she blushed.

"Of course not, now let's go," I said as I lifted her up and she giggled in surprise.

I set her down of the toilet and helped her take off her pajamas before I turned on the shower to the temp I know she liked.

While the shower heated up I stripped out of my clothes. Once that was done I picked up Madison who started giggling again and set her in the bench in the shower.

We had to get the shower modified because Madison couldn't stand on her own yet. We had to install a bench so she could sit in the shower and still leave enough room for two people.

I unhooked the shower head from the wall and let the water fall over Madison as she leaned against the wall with her eyes closed.

"Mhmm so warm," she sighed.

"I'm glad you are enjoying yourself," I smiled.

I moved to grab the shampoo and conditioner before handing it to Madison so she could wash her hair. While she did that I gently massaged soap over her body since she couldn't do it herself.

For most men they would get turned on in situations like this. But I just enjoyed loving and taking care of my girl in a non-sexual manner.

Heck I haven't had sex since before I went into the ice. Bucky and Madison are still recovering both mentally and physically and we aren't even technically together though I want to be.

Once Madison was all soaped up I grabbed by own body wash and washed myself off before moving to get all of the soap off Madison.

I then turned off the water and carried Madison out and sat her on the toilet. I wrapped my waist in a warm white blanket before grabbing the other and wrapping it around her shivering body.

"I'm gonna go get your stuff I will be right back okay," I said kissing her on the forehead before leaving the bathroom.

Bucky was still fast asleep and was muttering something about talking marshmallows as I walked into the closet. I grabbed my favorite cream colored cable knit sweater and a pair of black shorts and a bra and underwear for Madison to wear before I quickly slid on some sweatpants.