Chapter 15 - Found

January 24th, 2013

Bucky's POV

"Tony, what do you mean you can't find her it's been two months?" I was exasperated and desperate. I can't believe I let Madison get captured again. The more memories I get back the more I realize just how important Steve and Madison are. Over the last few months, I have come to a realization that has changed everything. I love Madison and Steve and I may never get the chance to tell one of them.

"I'm sorry Barnes but Hydra somehow managed to disappear off the map. All of their old bases that we knew about were vacated. Hydra disappeared along with Madison." Everyone was losing hope, Natasha and Clint left to go find her. Everyone that stayed has barely slept trying desperately to find her.

"Come Tony there has to be something we can do," Steve begged, he has been a wreck the last two months. Barely eating and sleeping. All he has done is train and go out to hunt down Hydra.

"I'm sorry. I already have J.A.R.V.I.S. scanning 24/7 and Natasha and Clint are undercover trying to find her but other than that all we can do is wait," Tony was exhausted too and I felt bad for being mad.

In fact, all of the Avengers have been moping. Sam doesn't annoy me anymore, Thor is on Asgard seeing if Heimdall can find her, Clint and Natasha left immediately to go find her, and Peter has locked himself in his room. All anyone has done is try and find Madison, but it still isn't enough.

No one cares when Thanksgiving, followed by Christmas, then New Year passed. All we could focus on was Madison, who was all alone being tortured. Tony didn't bother throwing parties like he always did every year, instead, he stayed in the lab working.

Suddenly an alert on one of Tony's computers pinged and he moved to it instantly. Steve and I stood there as Tony's face contorted into confusion and then astonishment and I felt a little hope spark within me, maybe it's good news.

"What is it, Tony?" Steve asked rather impatiently since he hasn't told us what he is looking at.

"I found her," those three words I began to think I would never hear and my insides lit up with hope, we found her.

"What do you mean you found her?" I asked hoping this wasn't some prank, because if it was I might kill Tony.

"Her tracker, it had been damaged but somehow it's back on," Tony explained.

"Where is she?" Steve demanded officially in Captain mode, his voice deep and rumbly. Normally I would think it was unbelievably hot, but all I can think of is getting Madison back and never letting her go again.

"Umm....outside a town called Esso. It's in Russia," Tony read as he looked closer to the map.

"There is an old fortress in the woods there that Hydra must've repurposed into a base. It seems heavily fortified and has a lot of agents," Tony said as he flipped the screen towards us.

Esso was a very small town but that wasn't our concern what our concern was the massive base about 30 miles west of it. Luckily the town is far enough away that we don't have to worry about civilian casualties.

"Someone call Fury we are going to need all the help we can get," Steve announced before walking out.

Just as I left the lab I heard Tony ask J.A.R.V.I.S. to inform the Avengers of our mission. I rushed after Steve who was clearly in mission mode into the men's locker room that was across from the lab.

When I entered the locker I expected Steve to be hurriedly getting changed. But instead, he sat on one of the benches still in his street clothes and he was staring at his shield. I sat next to him and gently put my hand on his shoulder. "We are going to get her back Steve."