Chapter 13 - Cookies

Madison's POV

It has been so long since I have baked anything, in fact, I probably haven't made anything since that mission with Bucky. But regardless it felt freeing to be able to make whatever I wanted and not be stuck eating the gruel Hydra provided.

I was busy scooping out the batter when Bucky lent over the counter trying to stick his finger in the batter. I quickly smacked his hand away, "No, James," I scolded as he rubbed his hand.

"Aw, I just wanted to try some," he whined.

"You'll get food poisoning," I responded as I put the first tray of cookies into the oven.

"I'm a super soldier I don't get food poisoning," Bucky scoffed.

"Famous last word," Steve chuckled. "I said the same thing once, I immediately regretted it."

While the cookies were baking the three of us chatted or more of Steve and Bucky chatted while I stood there. I am still not used to positive human interaction and making small talk still seemed foreign and I'm not very good at it.

When the timer dinged and signaled the cookies were done, as I pulled the cookies out, Sam sauntered into the kitchen. "What is that amazing smell?"

I looked up at Sam with an awkward smile, I am definitely not used to compliments. "I made cookies."

Sam practically came running over and attempted to grab a cookie but I smacked his hand away just like I did to Bucky. "Ow that hurt," Sam whined as he moved away and sat next to Bucky.

"You would've burned your hand," I felt bad for hurting his hand, but it would've hurt worse if he burnt his hand.

"We should have a movie night!" Sam exclaimed. But I was slightly nervous, I still have a nagging feeling the Avengers hate me for attacking them.

"I think that's a great idea," Steve added enthusiastically as he gave me an assuring smile.

" Oh, man can't we just have a movie night with the three of us," Bucky whined.

"Nope!" Sam argued popping the p. "J.A.R.V.I.S. inform the Avengers we are having a movie night and that Madison made cookies."

"I'll make some popcorn," Steve offered as he moved to one of the cabinets.

"I'm picking the movie!" Sam exclaimed as he promptly ran towards the living room.

Suddenly Bucky took off after him yelling. "Oh hell no! I will be damned if we watch another stupid movie again!"

"Legally Blonde it not stupid, you just have no taste," Sam argued back. "And I don't want to watche the Hobbit again."

"The Hobbit is amazing!" Bucky yelled back. "You're the one that has no taste!"

I turned to Steve who seemed to be ignoring the argument happening in the next room. "Do they always do that?" I asked breaking the silence.

Steve turned to me amused. "Yes, it is rather annoying. They fight like children."

"Ha! I got it!" I heard Bucky yell.

"Give it back asshole, I had it first!" Sam yelled back.

"See," Steve groaned as he rolled his eyes.

Suddenly Clint came crashing through the vents scaring me half to death, and I may or may not have chucked a knife in his direction but he luckily ducked out of the way. Clint glanced back the knife imbeded in the wall behind his head.

"Remind me never to sneak up on you," Clint chuckled.

"I am so sorry. I didn't mean to," I felt so bad for throwing a knife at him.