Chapter 24 - Vacation

Note: I am from Seattle and just moved to Florida so I wanted to incorporate my home town and stuff I used to do. So I hope you like it:)

Bucky's POV

I was super excited to go on a vacation. It's been a very long since I've been on vacation. In fact, the last time I went on an actual vacation was in '39 when the three of us went to a cabin in upstate New York.

We were in our room packing our things when I spoke up, "Y'know the last time we went on vacation was 74 years ago."

Madison stopped in the middle of folding a shirt to look up at me pondering what I just said, "Oh my god your right. We haven't had a break in 70 years."

Steve looked up from what he was doing at Madison's comment, "You remember that weekend?"

"Only parts of it. When Wanda gave me my memories back so only gave me the crucial ones meaning I don't remember most of Hydra and only the major details of my life from before," Madison said sadly. Her memory was coming back a lot slower than mine did.

Then again, Hydra always ensured her mind wipes were more thorough than mine after what happened in 2008.

"Your memories will come back little by little. It will just take some time," I reminded her.

"I know. It's just frustrating that I can't remember when I want so desperately to," she sighed as her eyes began to water.

I went over to give her a tight hug, "All that really matters is that you remember that we love you," I whispered before I stepped back again.

"I love you too, I just wish I could remember all of our time together," Madison sighed.

"Well maybe while we are on vacation it will jog some memories," Steve added from the closet entrance.

"Maybe," Madison whispered as she started folding the shirt she was holding again.

Tony told us to be prepared for anything he had planned and to pack for all kinds of weather. Washington was cold and rainy so I packed warm clothes and a winter jacket.

"What exactly are we going to do in Washington?" Steve asked.

"I don't know the only time I was in Washington was for a Hydra mission," I wish I knew more, but I only vaguely remember that mission.

"Well I guess we will just be surprised with everything Tony has planned," Steve shrugged before he disappeared into the closet.

An hour and a half late we found ourselves huddled on the tower's landing pad since it was freezing up here and windy.

The rest of the Avengers including Thor who was almost always late was waiting for Tony who for some reason wasn't here.

It was twenty minutes after Tony told us to be here when he came sauntering out with Happy who was carrying two large suitcases.

"T...Tony, what the h...hell...took so long? It's fu...cking cold out here," Natasha chastised.

"Sorry, I had to finalize some things," Tony shrugged as he led us into the large fancy jet.

We all took our seats. I noticed Madison was still shivering and had curled into herself next to the window trying to keep warm so I pulled her in knowing my super soldier heat would warm her up.

"You look cold," I commented as I wrapped my arm around her. She immediately stopped shaking and laid her head gently on my side.

"Thanks," she whispered.

"Of course sweetheart, my extra body heat is only good for one thing," I joked.

It wasn't long before we were taking off and our vacation had officially started. The jet was mostly quiet as people either slept, whispered amongst themselves, or did something alone.