003

(I did take a bit of a break from writing and im writing on the computer for the first time so apologies for any inconsistensies, like me not knowing how to spell that word, or mistakes)

Niko and Jane did have to part ways, much to their dismay. They thought it would be better if Niko returned alone. Maybe it was. 

Walking slowly up the uneven ground, Niko stared at the grass. It was quiet. Peacefully so. Either the Volturi were far away, or incredibly close by, enough to send the dead running for the hills. Niko didn't really care which one it was, as long as it stayed quiet. Truthfully, a part of her mind did want to meet them. She wasn't sure why but something about them interested her. Not in a romantic or sexual sense, though those thoughts did come into her mind the first time she sneaked a peak at the portrait Carlisle hides away. She just wanted to see what about them scared everyone so much. With her own eyes, that was. Though if things continued how they did, she didn't imagine it would happen anytime soon.

"Oliver Nikolina..." It was an enchanting voice, and at first Niko wasn't sure where it came from. She had never loved hearing her name as much as she just did. The way his accent melted together with how he pronounced Nikolina.  It was beautiful.

Turning around, Niko searched for a moment before her eyes landed on the man. And she felt like a schoolgirl staring at the cutest boy in class. It wasn't the first time she instantly felt like she could fall madly in love with a vampire, but it was the strongest. Niko never thought anyone would take Stacy's place as the most beautiful vampire she'd ever seen "I prefer Niko. My full name sounds too personal." 

Smiling slighty, the man began to walk towards her. Something about his eyes... He seemed like he was in disbelief. "My name is Marcus."

Niko widened her eyes slightly, tilting her head at the name. Didyme had told her so much about each of the kings. So much that Niko thought the amount of things she knew could get her killed. But she decided to act as calm as can be. It wasn't very hard. Something about him was comforting.

"Is no one home?" Marcus shook his head as he began to walk beside Niko to the house.