000 (Rewrite)

Oliver Nikolina Swan-Kazanov

Oliver Nikolina Swan-Kazanov. Or, as she's most commonly called, Niko.

Niko was many things. A daughter, a sister, a twin. But she was also a girl who had been told since she was young that the things she could see weren't real. That they were hallucinations.

Her whole life she was never sure if they were right.

Even when these so called hallucinations made her violent. Even when she was put on medication. Niko always trusted the people she could see.

They told her they were dead. That they were vampires, werewolves, witches. And in a way it comforted her.

It comforted her because they were telling her she wasn't sick. They were telling her she didn't need medication. They were telling her she was family. And that something she felt like she never had.

Sure, she had family, but it was like they didn't trust her. Like they didn't trust her to not hurt someone or herself. Like they didn't trust that she was being honest. But the people she could see, they trusted her. And they welcomed her.

Maybe that was why she didn't fear her sisters new family. The few times she had seen them it was only from a distance. But the woman Niko had become friends with was a vampire when she lived. Niko knew what a vampire looked like. And she knew the Cullens were ones.

She would trust the dead with her life. Even if they were still living. It made sense her soulmates were vampires. Vampires were just the dead who kept living. But that wouldn't make sense to everyone

Alice Cullen. She had visions of a girl. A girl she had no idea was Niko. Even if there was a face in these visions, Alice barely knew Niko existed.

The first showed a girl, Niko. Her hand ran along the walls of the Volterra Castle as she walked. And though Alice couldn't see her face, it was clear the girl was curious.

The vision was filled with light. Even, happy almost. Though the second vision would be drastically different.

She was shaking. Standing over a sink, not daring to look in the mirror as she tried desperately to rid her ring of blood.

Her hands were still bloody. Alice couldn't tell if it was hers or another's. Either way it was certainly concerning.

And it seemed the more visions Alice had the sadder the girl got.

The third showed Aro. He was trying, desperately, to comfort the sobbing girl. They laid together in bed. Her face hidden in his neck as she cried.

She was surprised. Alice I mean. In her experience, Aro wasn't the kind of man to comfort anyone. A human especially.

The visions left Alice with so many questions.

Who was the girl? What happened? Why would Aro ever be comforting a human?

None she could answer. And she wouldn't be able to for awhile. So until she had answers, she was left to create her own.

(Not entirely sure how to end it so I'll leave it at that)
9:10 pm, Sep. 26, 2021
Rewrite