009

Niko was

Niko was... Admittedly nervous about what was to come.

It was alot of changes. Alot she wasn't familiar with. But she felt like she was ready to explore it.

She thought it would be fun. Getting to know them.

It was good to try new things, after all. Stacy thought she was... Unusually worry free.

Because she was. But Niko wrote is off as... New beginnings.

Exciting possibilities.

"Well, I'm a twin. My brother's name is Jeremiah. He's probably... Still on a spiritual journey through the mountains. Which just means hiking with alot of weed and ghosts."  Niko laughed as she took in her surroundings.

The castle was colder than you would expect. But she found it to be quite beautiful.

Stacy was somewhere, getting Niko's room just perfect.

And the three walking behind Niko were giving her a tour of the castle. While simultaneously trying to learn the most they could about her.

"Each generation of the family has... What we call a door. You never know who it is though. Apparently centuries ago, a door died. And no one in the world died for... A few days at least. Until the next child in the family was born. It's kind of interesting."

They could tell her family had a very long history of... Caring for the dead. It made sense, gifts were genetic more often than not.

But it made them realize that her power had alot of complexities that she kept hidden. It was more than just seeing and interacting with the dead.

"I'm sure you can see how that would be incredibly catastrophic. Working theory is that it's Jeremiah."

Niko yawned as she started to walk again.

________

Niko sighed slightly as she took in the unfamiliar room.

It was very beautiful. There was a large window, and the view was incredible. But she didn't care much for it.

"I wasn't going to ask but... Why tell us about the doors?" Marcus spoke from where he stood by the bookcase.

He had paused on organizing the shelves so he could look to Niko for an answer.

Bringing a hand up to scratch the back of her neck, Niko shrugged while she sat on the bed. "Well, I mean it's pretty important information. I never... Even considered telling the Cullens because A, they wouldn't believe me and B... I kinda feel like old castles have a higher likelihood for freak accidents."

She chuckled slightly while she said it and Marcus smiled tightly. "Well, I can promise you. There will be no freak accidents."

While he turned his focus back to the bookshelf, Niko smiled slightly. "Oh and if it is Jeremy and he has a freak accident I would have to pop out a baby before the world descends into chaos because our sister Neal can't have kids."

Marcus cleared his throat as the shelf broke under his hand, causing books to fall everywhere. And Niko just... Nodded to herself.

It was always interesting to know that no matter how old a vampire is, they could still be shocked.

It was also fucking hilarious.

"We should start planning dates! Not like, group ones, that would probably just feel awkward."

Marcus smiled to himself as he started to pick the books back up. He had to admit, he hadn't known her long but she did seem unusually carefree. Happy, yes, but it was still a bit... Odd feeling.

"There's plenty of time for that, don't worry."

As Marcus looked to her, Niko's smile faltered slightly.

"I thought Stacy told you all..." Niko looked down to the floor while Marcus walked towards her. "Told us what?"

It was silent for a moment before she slowly started to lift her head. "We all need to talk."

______

I'm doing LORE with these happier chapters because there's shit I'll need to explain honestly

The story is so good that my writing in these last few chapters being shitty could be intentional it's amazing how i do it