006

It had been a few days

It had been a few days. There wasn't much conversation on the Cullens part. Unless it was yelling at the Volturi in the middle of the night.

Niko would barely let Stacy go for anything. She missed her.

But the few times they did separate, it gave both of them the chance to get to know the Volturi more. Because lord knew they wouldn't be able to have a conversation with the Cullens.

It was awkward for Niko. She knew so much about all of them from Didyme. Things she.... Shouldn't have known.

"Marcus and Caius wanted me to extend their apologies. For all the fighting." Niko stiffened slightly as he sat down beside her.

At the same time Didyme placed her hand on Niko's shoulder.

The three were on a cliff side. One that overlooked the forest. Niko and Aro sat in the grass, while Didyme stood behind them.

The sun was almost completely down, and it caused the sky to be filled with beautiful colors. A peaceful sight.

"I grew up in the city. You'd probably have to light fireworks to bother me." That wasn't to say fireworks were uncommon in the city. They were just annoying as all hell. Especially when they're going off in the middle of your street.

Aro chuckled slightly. He was never too fond of fireworks either.

"Your sister has been explaining more about your condi-" Niko cut him off with a scoff.

She didn't care if he believed her or not, but she certainly didn't want to talk to him about it. Besides, she was getting closer and closer to not even considering Bella a sister anymore.

Aro was doing his best not to become irritated. But he thought Niko was making it unnecessarily hard.

He was trying to... Care. As absurd as it sounded. He never did well with expressing concern over ones well-being.

But, he was trying to... Work on it. In his own way.

"I'll tell you something. People who, truly can, see the dead, haven't existed in decades. It's a hard fact to face, but the only ones who remain are far older than both you and I." Aro stared at Niko, in an attempt to see her reaction.

But she didn't have one. At least not for a minute. "Well... You're not wrong." That response surprised Aro.

But it was based on a technicality. "I never said I can see them. Because I don't. At least not in the way Alice see's her visions, or the way Edward hears your thoughts, or how Jasper knows your emotions. There are many ways to see something." That part, however...

Aro found to be unreasonably frustrating. And Niko mostly stated it like that so it would frustrate him.

But she wasn't wrong. There are many ways to see something. "You can choose to think whatever you want, Aro. Just give me that same right. Because its always possible that we're both wrong."

There was a second of silence, and Didyme slowly removed her hand from Niko's shoulder. "As you wish. I can't convince you to believe anything."

They had an agreement.

"Although, hallucinations or not, you would be treated and respected, as a person your age should be, in Volterra."

....

Niko quickly turned to look at Aro as he stood. "What are you-" "You should be returning to the house. I hear mosquitoes can be quite a bother." And then he just... Walked away.

For a moment Niko just sat there. Before rushing to her feet. "Wait what did you just say!? Hey, don't walk away! Get back here!"

___________

Niko paused slightly as she walked into the living room. Everyone was there. Everyone.

It made sense. Wait until Stacy was out of county hunting to host an intervention. Niko was familiar with them.

An intervention was the only time everyone was somewhere, at once, with... Those stupid fucking looks on their faces.

"We need to talk, Niko."

She didn't want to deal with it.

••••••
There was light. And then there was nothing. For... Just a few seconds.

Then I opened my eyes. But they weren't my eyes. I was just the one seeing through them.

Looking down, I saw the familiar dress. Made of prescious fabrics and jewels.

I moved 'my' eyes up to see... Me. Everything was cloudy, like fog, but I could still see.

Last time Didyme did this...

Didyme stepped forward. I know it's my body, but when she's in it something.... Feels foreign. Maybe it's how she walks. Or how she stands.

"No, Isabella. I don't think we do." It sounded like she was three rooms away. Her.... My, voice was so faint.

"If you want to... 'talk' then talk to your husband. I think everyone in this room knows he fantasized about killing you before he even knew your name. It seems like he has more problems than me."

Oh. My. GOD THAT WAS LOW OH. SHIT GOD DAMN.

EVERYONE KNOWS HOW LOW THAT WAS OH. YOU SEE THEIR FACES? OH MY GOD!

I THINK CAIUS AND JANE AND... SHIT EVERYONE ON THAT SIDE OF THE ROOM IS GONNA LAUGH, HOLY SHIT!

THAT IS SO LOW IT IS BELOW THE FLOOR GOD DAMN. SHIT DIDYME HOW LONG WERE YOU HOLDING THAT ONE!?

"So, I really don't think we have anything to talk about." I didn't know I could be so attracted to myself god damn.

Oh she looks like she wants to fucking deck me.

Aro started to chuckle slightly and I couldn't help it but also.

I- what do you even say to that? Holy shit.

Damn Didyme. Shit. I don't even know what to say, I just-

____

I didn't know how to end it and- I'm trying with this book I am i just

This is too fucking funny to me i- writings hard rn but holy shit that was too good

Lol i made this as a playlist cover for Spotify but nothing is funny enough to top that ending there are no images I could put that

I'm not editing this AT ALL all first draft baby this is

Too fucking good