007

"Well

"Well... Not to say you deserved it, but you deserved it." Stacy spoke with a smile as she stared down at Niko, who slept with her head on Stacy's lap.

She wasn't the only one who felt that way, but Bella still focused most of her annoyance on Stacy. "She's not healthy, Stacy!"

Bella was trying desperately to get Stacy to believe her. Because she truly did believe she was right.

It annoyed... Most of the people in the room, honestly. "Out of curiosity, what is your definition of healthy?" Caius was unbelievably angry as he spoke.

Only Aro and Marcus truly knew why. He was incredibly familiar with Niko's situation. "Her brain is different from any of yours. There may be some... Connections that didn't form properly, but how do you know, that based on her brain, this isn't it's definition of perfectly healthy?" He didn't lack a point.

They viewed 'healthy' as a brain that was formed perfectly. No connections completely missed or wired wrong. A brain that hadn't faced trauma of any form.

Her healthy, could never be their healthy. No matter what. She could get better, alot better but it would never truly be their definition of healthy.

That was just how it was. A person with a disorder will never be the kind of healthy that a person without it could be.

"Do you even know whats going on in her head right now? No. Because you would have to know her." The way Stacy said it... It wasn't just.. knowing Niko, as a person, that told her what was going on in the girls head.

She could see it.

Bella frowned slightly before taking in a deep breath. "Then help us know her. We're just worried."
_____

"It was funny Di, but it was too much!" Niko pulled her hair back as she paced in the doorway.

The woman she spoke to, Di was visible but... It was almost like her face was blurred out of existence.

It looked like a projection. Almost like the kind you would see in a theater. Her voice was muffled but it was clear enough to tell what she was saying.

It was disorienting to the Cullens and the Volturi. It felt like they were looking into another dimension.

But they weren't. Not technically. It was just a projection Stacy made of Niko's mind.

Niko however, was in another dimension. At least mentally. "Please, your sister deserved it."

Di's voice however, came through like a piercing static. Something no one in that room was ever meant to hear.

Something their mind wasn't made to hear. Even for the oldest of them, Aro, Marcus, Caius, the sound was enough to create a pain in their head.

"You could end their world and they treat you like a porcelain doll-" "We both have to deal with being related to people that we'd rather not be! You're not the one that has to live with them so leave the decision making to me!" They were both angry. Well... Di seemed more... Frustrated.

Exhausted. Than Niko did.

Di stepped away from Niko, seemingly taking a moment to collect herself. "I would deal with them if it meant you were away from yours. That place may be horrible but you wouldn't be treated like an infant!"

Their argument made things tense. Not just for them.

Many of the Cullens and Volturi felt like this was a fight they were never supposed to even know about. But it did make them realize how much Niko didn't reveal.

"I wouldn't be treated like an infant but what would I even be there? Would i be a guard? Spend eternity in that castle protecting them? Or protecting Rapunzel in the tower and treating her exactly how you hated to be treated. Like a child who needed a grown ups supervision?"

That told them more than it should've. Whoever 'Di' was, had been apart of the Volturi. And she knew about Athenodora, which they told hardly a soul.

It did anger them, Caius especially. They didn't like people knowing their business. It wasn't that Niko knew. It was that whoever told her knew.

"You wouldn't be a guard you... Your family's heard enough of our conversation. I hate him but at least consider his offer."

And then it was like the doors were slammed shut on them.

Stacy pulled her hands away from Niko's head. She wouldn't try to re-enter her mind. She only entered it in the first place because Niko allowed it.

If those two wanted her out, she was out.
________

It was late. Niko was trying to get back to sleep. But... "Will you shut the fuck up!?"

Pulling the throw pillow out from under her head, Niko threw it towards the bookcase.

Normally, the Cullens would've said something. But given the days events... What they would normally say... Didn't work anymore.

"I don't see how that will he-"

Alice trailed off as the pillow seemed to... Freeze midair. There were imprints of hands but you couldn't actually see them.

It was a second before the pillow was thrown back. "You are 3,587 years old, real mature!" That was a very specific number.

Just a few years away from Aro's age. Though, everyone assumed it was just a coincidence. A very odd one, albeit.

"Well, I proved myself right, that forcing them to see you weren't insane wouldn't make them spontaneously combust!" Rolling her eyes, Niko grabbed the pillow and held it over her head.

"If i agree will you let me fucking sleep you insufferable bi-" "Yes."

Niko groaned loudly in annoyance. Just sometimes, she hated Didyme.

That woman was alot like her brother. She got her way.

__________

Oh does it seem to be going fast? Hm interesting wonder why

The sense of time surely isn't important, don't mind it.