chapter six.

DREW'S POV

After a long day of filming, I was ready to spend the night on my couch. We didn't finish filming until around midnight last night, and we had to be up at six o'clock this morning to get right back to work.

I got back to my apartment around six o'clock this evening and as soon as I entered my place, I tossed my duffle bag with a change of clothes and my other belongings from set onto the couch and headed into the kitchen. I took a wine glass out of the cabinet and popped open the bottle of wine that was on the counter.

As I began pouring the alcohol into the glass, I stopped my action once I heard a light knock at my door. I set the bottle of wine on the counter next to the glass and went over to the door, expecting to see one of my friends on the other side.

And it was, but not a friend I was expecting.

"Hey." I greeted her as I saw her standing on the other side of the doorway once she was revealed to me.

"Hey Drew," Natalie smiled broadly.

I looked at her, waiting for her to explain why she was here or what she wanted. She never came to me by herself before.

"Uh, what's up?" I asked as I studied her, trying to understand why she was here. 

"What are you up to?" Natalie asked me, ignoring my question.

"I was just pouring myself a glass of wine," I told her as I turned and pointed to the little bit of wine that was in the glass. "Probably just going to relax and read a book or something. Why? What's up?"

"Well," She sighed. "I wanted to see if you wanted to hang out." Nat shrugged as she folded her hands in front of her, giving me an innocent smile.

"Hang out?" I repeated and she nodded. "Um, y-yeah, I guess." I shrugged, not really in the mood to hang out with anybody, but I didn't know how to say no without being rude. "What is everyone else up to? What about Bails or Mads?" I asked, wondering why she wasn't with them. She normally always was.

"Since everyone's Valentine's plans got cancelled last night, they're all doing them tonight. Chase and Mads went out to dinner. Mariah took Maddie somewhere. Rudy and Elaine have cute plans to spend the night at home together. JD and Laci even went somewhere. So," She sighed, her arms flapping down at her sides. "Looks like it's just you and I. The two people who didn't have plans for Valentine's day."

"Gotcha," I nodded, realizing that the only reason she was here was because the girls were busy celebrating love with their significant other. Couldn't be me.

"Plus, we have a lot of scenes coming up together. I feel like we haven't really gotten the chance to build a connection for our characters yet, you know?" Natalie mentioned.

Our characters had only a few short scenes together so far. We hadn't really gotten the chance to build up the chemistry that Rafe and her character, Sofia, are supposed to have.

"Yeah," I agreed, running my fingers through my short hair. "I mean, I'm not really in the mood to go out and do anything, I was kinda just planning on staying home tonight." I told her. I was hoping that would be enough for her to say never mind, and turn around and leave.

"Then we'll stay home." She grinned as she now stepped into my apartment, looking around before her eyes landed on the singular wine glass on the counter. "Do you have another glass?"

I looked at her, my eyes widened as I was taken by surprise of her dominance. "Yeah," I nodded as I closed the door. I went over to the cabinet and took out another glass, now pouring her some wine before topping off the glass I was preparing for myself.