chapter thirteen.

DREW'S POV

Mallory was finally arriving in Barbados today and as each minute passed by, I was more and more excited to see her, hold her, and kiss her. I had been looking forward to this since the minute I left LA a couple weeks ago.

I couldn't wait to show her around the beautiful island, our friends couldn't wait to see her, and Jonas had mentioned to me that he wanted to spend some time talking to Mallory this weekend. She hadn't mentioned anything to me regarding this meeting, so I was curious as to what it could be about, though part of me had an idea.

I checked the watch  on my wrist, noticing it was a little after six o'clock in the evening. Mal's flight landed about twenty minutes ago, so by the time she got off of the plane and got her luggage from baggage claim, she should've been exiting the airport any minute.

I was able to pick her up from the airport thanks to the driving service we used to take us back and forth to set everyday. While the driver remained in his seat, I was leaning against the outside of the car as I watched the sea of people exit through the automatic doors. 

And as I searched through each and every person, I immediately recognized a pastel yellow suitcase being pulled by a girl wearing an oversized WCU t-shirt of mine that was partially tucked into the waistband of her black biker shorts. A smile formed on my face and I pushed myself off of the car to walk towards her.

She instantly noticed me too and she ran up to me before letting go of her suitcase and wrapping her arms around my neck as her bare legs wrapped around my torso. I didn't hesitate to wrap my arms around her, holding onto her as tightly as I could.

"Hi honey," Mal grinned before she kissed my lips.

"Hi baby," I chuckled as she pulled away from the kiss. "How are you? How was your flight?" I asked her as she unwrapped her legs from my body and I gently placed her back on the ground.

"I'm doing so much better now. The flight wasn't bad, just long." She shrugged. "How are you?" Mallory asked me as she rubbed my arm.

"I'm great now that you're finally here." I told her, to which I could tell she was blushing. "I'm so glad you could make it."

"Me too." She smiled. "I like, still can't believe I'm here." She laughed in disbelief as she looked around to the scenery of the airport. "It already looks so beautiful."

"Well, we've got a lot to show you in only a couple of days. So, why don't we get this weekend started?" I asked her as I now grabbed the handle of her suitcase. Mallory nodded in agreement and she followed me to the back of the car where I opened the trunk. "Everyone's so excited to see you." I told her as I lifted her incredibly heavy suitcase into the back of the car. "Jesus Christ," I breathed once I set her luggage down. "Are you staying the weekend or moving here?" I joked since I could tell her suitcase was stuffed, though she was only going to be here for a couple days.

"Hey," She playfully pouted as she lightly smacked my arm. "I would rather be over-packed than under-packed. You never know what you're going to need in a different country."

I nodded in agreement as I closed the trunk. We walked around the side of the car and I opened the door for her to get in and once she did, I followed her inside the car, sitting next to her.

We greeted the driver as he began driving us back to the apartment complex we were staying at. I noticed Mallory looking out her window as she took in the change of scenery from LA. I was so excited that she was here, I was looking forward to showing her around and taking her to some of my favorite places to eat around here.

We had a lot to do in such a short amount of time together once again, but within a few short weeks we would finish filming in Barbados and I would be back in LA, where I could see her and be with her whenever I wanted.