chapter twenty one.

DREW'S POV

Three Weeks Later

Three weeks. It had been three weeks since Mallory initiated this 'break' and my God, this had been the longest three weeks of my life. I didn't know how I was going to go another few weeks without her.

This had to be one of the hardest things I've ever had to do in my life. How can you go from talking to the person you love everyday to not saying a single word to them and acting like they never existed? I didn't know how this was going to make things better between us, but I was willing to do whatever it took to get her back in the end. 

This break was only halfway over. I could do it. In a long, three more weeks, we'll be in Charleston and Mallory said we would see where things are at that point. Which meant she would have to talk to me. I wanted nothing more than to at least talk to her.

Going three weeks without talking to Mallory has felt like a slow, painful death. It sounds dramatic, and I probably am, but I was so used to texting her every single day. I was so used to seeing her beautiful face almost every single day. I missed hearing about her boring days at work. I missed telling her how long my days were on set. I missed telling her I missed her. I missed telling her I love her. Almost every time I thought about her or thought about texting or calling her, it physically hurt my heart. I actually thought I was dying a couple times. 

Filming finished in Barbados a little over a week ago, which meant I have been home in LA for a week. It's been killing me knowing that I can't go and see her. I haven't left my apartment since I got home, mainly because I had no where to go and I knew if I left, I would end up at her front door, trying to make things right with her.

Staying home was the only way I could keep myself from going there, so that's what I did. I just stayed home. I didn't want to pressure her or make her any more upset. Though I didn't completely understand, I was trying to respect her decision and her space. I was going to do whatever it took to prove myself to her and if that's what this break was doing, then so be it.

Sometimes I wish I could just text her to see how she was doing. It hurt me so much that I couldn't even do that. But luckily, Mads talked to her daily and would let me know that Mal was okay. On top of wanting to check up on her, there was so much I wanted to tell her. I was just hoping Mads kept her updated on what happened when filming ended.

Our last day on set in Barbados ended up being one of the best days on set so far. After we wrapped the last scene, Jonas and his brother Josh wanted to hold a last minute meeting with everyone. Natalie wasn't on set that day, nor was she present for the meeting, and I only noticed that because I always tried my best to avoid her. I soon found out that she wasn't there because Jonas officially fired her from the show.

That announcement caught me completely off guard since he seemed firm on the idea of keeping her around the last time I talked to him. What pushed his decision though took me even more by surprise.

When Mallory told me she thought it was best for us to take a break, I was devastated. The only person I felt like I could talk to was Mads because at that time because she was the only one who knew everything.

Mads went on to tell Chase and the rest of our friends how much of a snake Natalie was and what she did to Mal and I's relationship. I found out that every one of our friends all talked to Jonas individually about her because they developed a hatred for her almost as strong as Mal and I's. And they were the one's who pushed Jonas' decision to kick her off the show.

I couldn't be happier to know that our friends had our backs like that. I appreciated them much more than they knew. I was hoping Mads filled Mal in on that meeting so Mal knew just how much we all loved her and wanted her to be on set more than Natalie.