chapter twenty seven.

DREW'S POV

Today was the day.

The day that I had been most excited for and the day that Mallory had been anticipating the most.

It was her first day on set as Becca Collins. Her first day as an official actress. I was so excited for her and to film scenes with her, but I knew she was more nervous than anything. She's always been behind the camera, never in front of it, so I could imagine how uncomfortable she was being in the limelight now.

I wanted to make her as comfortable as possible on her first day. I wanted to ease her nerves as much as I could. So, I figured what better way to start her day than to bring her breakfast while she was getting ready in her trailer.

"Come in." Mal's soft voice projected from the other side of the thin trailer door, answering my knock.

When I opened the door and entered her trailer, she was sitting at the vanity while one of the makeup artists was lightly dusting her face with a brush and the hair stylist wrapped a section of her blonde hair around a curling wand.

"Hey," I smiled at her through the mirror and she returned the smile as I stood next to her. "I brought you breakfast."

"You didn't have to do that." She pouted. "You are seriously the best. Thank you, baby."

"Of course. It's your first day on set. You deserve it." I told her as I handed her the iced coffee.

She took the cold plastic cup from my hand and I noticed her hands were visibly shaking as she brought the drink up to her lips and sipped from the lid. I knew she was nervous for today, but actually seeing it caused a pit to form in my stomach. I couldn't imagine how anxious she was feeling inside.

I kneeled down next to her and took the coffee from her once she was done drinking it. I placed it on the table next to us before I took both of her hands. I could feel her tremble in my hands and it made my heart so heavy. She was trying not to show how nervous she was, but I could see it and feel it.

"Everything's going to be okay." I said softly as I gave her hand a gentle, reassuring squeeze. "You're not doing this alone. You're going to be out there with me and Austin and Deion."

"Yeah, with like three cameras on me. Not to mention the twenty people on set who will be watching my every move." She lightly laughed as she rolled her eyes.

"Pretend they aren't there. We're going to be the only ones in that room and we're going to have a conversation, alright?" I tried to ease her mind.

"Easy for you to say." Mal raised an eyebrow. "This is like your millionth time doing this." 

"I know," I sighed, not knowing what to say now. I was more experienced than her, more used to being in front of the camera. I don't think there was anything I could say to ease her nerves.

"I still can't believe this is happening." She laughed in disbelief as she ran her fingers through her loose curls. "I've never had my hair and makeup professionally done before."

"It's happening." I smiled as I placed my hand on her thigh and gently caressed her. "And let me tell you what, I am so excited I get to do this with you."

"I'm excited to do this with you too. I don't think I'd be able to do it with anyone else."

I picked up her hand and brought it to my lips as I kissed it. As much as I wanted to, I didn't kiss her lips because I could tell the makeup artist applied a nude lipstick right before I came into Mal's trailer.

"You're gonna do great, Mal. We rehearsed these lines so much, you could recite them in your sleep." I reminded her and she let out a small laugh.

A knock was heard from the outside of the door and Mal instructed whoever it was to come in. One of our costume directors, Tori, entered the trailer with clothes on hangers hanging over her arm.