chapter thirty two.

MALLORY'S POV

Drew and I got back to my place around ten o'clock that night. After an early morning getting breakfast with my mom and Savannah, a long day on the boat and in the sun, and a late dinner with all of our friends, I was exhausted. My birthday weekend finally came to an end and while I enjoyed every minute of it, I was glad the fun chaos was over. Drew and I were finally able to lay in bed and relax and not think  about anything else until we had to be on set in two days.

Once we finished showering and brushing our teeth, we were in my room decompressing from the day.

"Rudy and Savannah seem like they got pretty close today." Drew commented as he pulled the covers on his side of the bed back before he laid down.

"I'd say so." I smiled as I climbed into bed next to him. Drew held his arm out and I snuggled up next to him as he wrapped his arms around me.

"I don't know if it's from talking to somebody new, but he looked a hell of a lot happier than he did when he was with Elaine. I felt like he could never be himself around her. He was always so serious." Drew commented. "He was definitely his old self today."

"You've known him much longer than I have, but he was." I agreed. "We should really set them up. I totally ship it." 

Though it wasn't my intent to set Savannah up with Rudy this weekend, it all happened so naturally that way. When Sav and I watched Outer Banks for the first time when it was released a little over two years ago, she claimed Rudy and JJ as hers. And now, she might actually get him.

Drew agreed with me on the fact that they would be good together and that we should set them up.

He kissed my forehead and it was quiet between us for a moment and my eyes grew heavy. My head was resting on Drew's bare chest and I knew I was going to fall asleep any second, especially like this.

"How was your birthday weekend?" He asked me softly just as I was about to drift asleep.

I forced my eyes open and looked up at him tiredly. "Amazing." I answered. "You made it the best birthday ever." I told him truthfully. "Thank you."

Drew smiled before he pecked my lips. "You deserved it. I'm glad you had a good weekend."

As he finished his sentence, both of our phones dinged. We shrugged it off, thinking it was nothing. But a moment later, that ding was followed by another one. And another. And another. And after three or four more, we both simultaneously grabbed our phones without saying a word.

Mads had texted our group chat a link to an online article.

when kooks & pogues put their diffs aside🤝

Mads Cline👯‍♀️, Rudy Pankow💥, Carlacia Grant👑, Chase Stokes🌊, Maddie Bailey☮️, Drewseph💛, Austin North Pole📍, JD aka the 🐐

Today 10:37 PM

Mads Cline👯‍♀️
http://younghollywoodnews.com/va830-/drew-starkeys-new-girlfriend-sabotages-obx3/ld296=kydjw/

Maddie Bailey☮️
what the fuck

Rudy Pankow💥
Ohhh shit

Austin North Pole📍
That is not good

Carlacia Grant👑
the fuck?