chapter fourteen.

MALLORY'S POV

"Okay, last one." Jonas sighed as he turned around another document towards me and pointed to the empty space at the bottom of the page. "Date and sign here." He instructed me and I eagerly followed his demand, the pen gliding against the paper with ease as I wrote my signature one last time. "Congratulations, Mallory." Jonas smiled as he watched me finish writing today's date on the document. "Welcome back."

"Thank you, Jonas. It feels so good to be back." I smiled, unable to hide my excitement to work for the Pate's and with everyone else again. "I'm very excited." I told him.

"I'm glad to hear that." He answered as he gathered all of the documents we had just spent the last half an hour going over. "We're excited to have you back as well." He smiled at me.

I couldn't wipe the smile off of my face. I was officially working for one of Netflix's top shows. I wasn't just an intern anymore. I officially worked for them.

"I will be in touch with you by the end of this week on when we're going to need everyone in Charleston." Jonas informed me and I nodded my head, appreciating him giving me at least a month's notice of when to quit my job at the record store and pack my stuff to move across the country again for a few months. "Thank you for your time, Mallory. I'm glad we got to do this." He smiled as he stood up on the other side of the desk.

"Me too," I answered as I followed his action. He stuck his hand out for me to shake, to which I complied. "Thank you again for this opportunity Jonas."

"Of course." He smiled. "Now, go enjoy the rest of your weekend."

"Will do," I nodded as I gathered my belongings. I exited Jonas' trailer, since he didn't have an office space in Barbados, and I went over to Drew's trailer where he was waiting for me while I had my meeting with Jonas. 

I lightly knocked on the door before opening it and stepping into the trailer. I looked over to see Drew laying on the couch reading a book. He moved the book out of his face and smiled once he saw me, which caused me to smile.

"Well?" Drew sounded hopeful as he now sat up on the couch and motioned for me to go over to him.

"Mallory Hudson, camera operator and Outer Banks' official cinematographer. Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?" I smirked, informing him of my new position. I loved photography and videography and this was a position I had been wanting to work in. It felt like a great step in the right direction to get me the experience I needed on set. 

"It has a beautiful ring to it." Drew smiled from ear to ear as he pulled me down to straddle his lap and I couldn't help but kiss his lips.

I felt so happy about everything in my life now. I was going to be starting an amazing job. Drew and I were in the best place we've ever been. I was on tropical island with my boyfriend and friends, I couldn't imagine feeling any better than this.

"I take it everything went well?" Drew asked as we pulled away from the kiss.

"Everything went perfect." I nodded. "Just one small thing," I started as I bit my lip, suddenly feeling nervous. There was something I wanted to talk to Drew about in regards to me moving to Charleston, and I didn't know how he would feel about it.

"What's up?" He asked softly as he began to rub my back in comfort, easing my nerves. Whenever he did small gestures like that, it never failed to calm me down.

"Remember how I lived with the Maddies when I was an intern?" I reminded and he nodded in response. "Well, your co-star Natalie is going to be taking my room." I informed him, and since the apartments consisted of only three bedrooms, I wasn't going to be able to live with them anymore. "I know you like your personal space, and I would not be offended at all if you said no because we'd be together literally 24/7, but how would you-"