chapter fifteen.

"Mal! Here, I got you another drink." Mads yelled over the music as she pushed through people and handed me another drink.

"Another one? I'm still working on the one you got me like 10 minutes ago." I laughed.

"I need you to get fucked up!" She exclaimed. "We're celebrating you tonight and if the guest of honor herself isn't fucked up then did we even really celebrate you?"

I playfully rolled my eyes at her reasoning for buying me three drinks since we got to this bar a half hour ago. She was very tipsy at this point, and I couldn't tell if I was tipsy or just extremely happy.

After Drew and I went on a hike today, he suggested that we all go out to a bar tonight. We told our friends about my new position on the set of the show, and they insisted we go to the bar to celebrate. I didn't want to make the night about me, though. I just wanted to hang out at a bar with my boyfriend and friends, get drunk, and listen to good music.

"Double fisting, huh?" Drew smirked as he walked up to me once he came back from the bathroom.

"Mads bought me another one." I told him as we watched Mads dance with Rudy in front of us.

"She is something else." Drew chuckled as he placed his hand on my lower back and lightly rubbed it. "Are you having fun?"

"Always," I nodded as I smiled up at him. I noticed he didn't have a drink in his hand and since I had a fresh drink in mine, I went to give it to him. "You look like you need another drink."

"That's all yours," He declined as he shook his head. "I'll go over to the bar and get another one." He nodded towards the bar.

I decided to go with him since Mads was having a dance battle with Rudy, and we somehow lost Chase, Maddie, Laci, and JD in the crowd.

Drew and I walked over to the bar and waited for the bartender to come over to us. I looked around the establishment, taking note of all the different people. There were young adults who were very clearly on vacation, as well as locals mixed into the crowd. As I looked around, I noticed the door to the main entrance open.

I looked to see who was entering the bar and my eyes widened at a familiar face I had yet to encounter.

"Drew," I tapped his shoulder as I didn't take my eyes off of her. "Isn't that Natalie?" I discretely pointed in her direction as I looked up at him.

"Yeah," He nodded. "It looks like it."

"I thought you said she wasn't coming tonight?"

"She told us she wasn't." He shrugged as he turned to the bartender to order a drink.

I was so close to going the whole weekend without meeting her. I had no desire to meet her, and I was relieved last night when we had our friends over at Drew's apartment and she wasn't there. Drew told me she wasn't coming out tonight with us either, so I was surprised to see that she showed up.

"What is she doing here?" I asked under my breathe, wondering why she decided to come after all. She was looking through the crowd of people, I assume to find someone she knew. Her eyes soon landed on mine and a smile instantly spread across her face. "She saw me." I said to Drew as I looked up at him.

"It'll be okay." He chuckled as he rubbed my back. "She's cool, I swear."

I let out a sigh, accepting the fact that this would have to happen at some point. I was probably overreacting and had nothing to worry about. I needed to give her a chance in person.

"Mallory?!" I heard her squeal and I internally winced as she said my name.

I turned my head to look at her and forced a smile. "Natalie!" I exclaimed, pretending to sound excited.