chapter twenty two.

MALLORY'S POV

One Month Later

"Do you think I'll need this shirt?" I asked as I held up another black top and showed Mads, to which she rolled her eyes and laughed.

"Jesus, how many black shirts do you own?" She giggled as she laid across my bed.

Mads came over to my place to 'help' me pack for Charleston since we were leaving LA in only four days. I had a lot to pack and prepare for, since we were going to be there for a few months. I wanted her opinion on some things, and since she wasn't doing anything, I invited her over.

I missed when we used to hang out like this, and ever since she came home from Barbados, it seemed like all she wanted to do was be with me.

"Let me see that." Mads demanded as she stuck her hand out to reach for the top. I tossed it over to her as I continued to dig through my dresser for more clothes to bring. "Mal, we're the same size. Why don't we just share clothes?"

I looked at her and sighed as I placed my hands on my hips. "I wish you would've suggested that before I just tore my entire room apart!" I laughed.

"Well I just thought of it," She defended, a playful smile on her lips. "Since, you know, we're going to be roomies again." She wiggled her eyebrows.

"Don't make me regret that decision." I jokingly threatened.

I think the reason why Mads has been wanting to hang out so much was because Natalie was fired from the show. I knew Mads wasn't necessarily replacing me with Natalie, considering they were filming almost every day together on a small island for two months, but seeing them as close as they were almost made me feel out of place. I missed her as my best friend, and now that she knew the truth about Natalie, as did all of our friends, she made it clear that she missed being around me just as much as I did her. 

Since Natalie was kicked off the show, that meant that the Maddies had an open room in their apartment again. I decided it was the best choice right now to move back in with the girls, rather than Chase and Drew, since I hadn't talked to Drew in almost seven weeks. I didn't know where we would stand when we got back to Charleston, and I didn't want to make things awkward by moving in with him. 

"Have you told him about that yet?" Mads asked me softly, and it was like she was reading my mind about Drew.

I made the decision to move in with the Maddies only a couple days ago. I had yet to talk to Drew since I established this break between us, and I didn't want the first thing I would say to him in weeks to be that I'm not going to end up living with him in Charleston.

"No," I shook my head. "I haven't talked to him at all. I don't want that to be the first thing I say to him after weeks of nothing." I told her.

"That's fair," Mads agreed. "But, you only have four more days until we're all in Charleston before he finds out that you won't be staying at his place."

"Don't remind me." I groaned as I flopped onto my bed. I knew I needed to tell him, but I couldn't bring myself to ask him to meet up somewhere so we could talk. I was dreading it so much.

"Why don't you talk about it to him tonight since you'll both be at my place?" She suggested and I looked over at her, not knowing how to tell her that I didn't feel like going. "You are coming, right?"

Mads and Chase were having some friends over as one last little party before they left LA. They hadn't seen some of their friends in months, so they figured it would be a good time to hang out with everyone before they left. Though, Drew and I were going to be in Charleston with them. I didn't exactly know why we were invited if we were going to see them every single day for the next few months.