chapter thirty one.

DREW'S POV

Stirring out of my sleep, I subconsciously wrapped my arm around my girlfriend who was in bed next to me. A smile formed on my face once I felt her fingers gently rake through my short hair. I fluttered my eyes open to see her sitting up in bed, leaning against the pillows and head board while her phone was in her other hand. The top half of her body was covered by one of my t-shirts. There was nothing I loved more than waking up to Mallory like this.

"Morning," I said lowly, squinting at the bright sunlight peaking through the blinds.

"Morning." Mal replied softly.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I looked up at her.

"I was paying my rent for next month while I was waiting for you to wake up. It's due in a few days and I figured I should do it now before I get too busy and forget. And now, I'm about to renew my lease." She said as she showed me her phone.

"Why?"

Mal paused before she let out a light laugh. "Because my twelve month lease is almost already up and I'm gonna need a place to live once filming is done." She stated as if it were obvious. "A year flies by when you barely live in the apartment you worked so hard to get in the first place."

I thought about her answer momentarily before I brought up something I didn't know how she would take. It was something we both talked about briefly before we took our break a couple months ago. It was something we both wanted at that point in time, and I was praying it was still something she wanted just as much as I did.

"Don't renew your lease." I told her and she furrowed her eyebrows as if she didn't understand. "Move in with me."

Mallory's expression softened, and though she didn't say anything, I didn't know what to make of her reaction or lack thereof. I wish I knew what she was thinking and what was going through her mind because her silence was starting to worry me.

What if she wasn't ready for that step?

What if she thinks it's too soon?

What if she thought I wasn't serious?

"Really?" She finally answered and I immediately nodded my head.

"Your lease is up in August?" I asked her and she nodded. "Then we'll take a week off from filming before then. Maybe the end of July. We'll move all of your stuff into my place. Then, when filming is over, me and you will go home. Together."

Mallory continued to study me. I still couldn't read her reaction enough to know how she felt about this idea. I thought she would be excited about this. I thought this would be something she would want. Her silence was excruciating and I needed to know what she was thinking.

"Drew, I-" She breathed, and I could tell she was trying to figure out what to say. I was praying she would say anything other than no. "Are you sure you're ready for that?" Mal lightly laughed and I saw the tears surface her eyes no matter how hard she tried to push them back.

"I'm so ready." I told her confidently. "I want you to move in and live with me. Nothing makes me happier than waking up and going to sleep next to you. It would mean the world to me to make it official."

A smile formed on her face and she immediately nodded. "Okay." Mallory laughed. "I'll move in with you."

God, I didn't think I could love her any more than I already did. My heart swelled at her response and my cheeks hurt from how hard I was smiling. I wrapped my arms around Mal and pulled her on top of me. She was laughing at my excitement and I was laughing because I'll get to do this every morning.