The Reunion

It is now the year of 1920. it has been ten years since Lord Colin Craven has seen his first cousin, Lady Mary Lennox as they were separated by his father, Lord Archibald Craven in 1910. 

Lady Mary Lennox was sent to a girl's boarding school and Lord Colin Craven was sent to a Parochial School by his father, Lord Archibald Craven, in London, England.

In between that time the Great War broke out in 1914 and Lord Colin Craven enlisted against his late father's wishes, but Lord Colin Craven was determined to serve his sovereign. King George V of England. 

Lord Colin Craven enlisted in the Royal Arm Forces on England, and he willingly went to the Eastern front to fight for his beloved England, but during the war he sustained wounds and he was given an honorable discharged from King George V at the a...

Lord Colin Craven enlisted in the Royal Arm Forces on England, and he willingly went to the Eastern front to fight for his beloved England, but during the war he sustained wounds and he was given an honorable discharged from King George V at the age of 19.

Lord Colin Craven returned to Oxford University and continued his studies in government and history, and he graduated in 1919, but tragedy hit when his beloved father, Lord Archbald finally dies and Mrs. Medlock sends for Lord Colin Craven to return to Misselthwaite Manor in Yorkshire, England. 

When Lord Colin Craven arrives back at Misselthwaite Manor the first thing he does is ask Mrs. Medlock about his first cousin, Lady Mary Lennox and where she is.

Mrs. Medlock tells Lord Colin " Master Craven. Lady Mary is in London where your late father sent her, and she graduated from her Finishing School where she graduated with honors and she is now a nurse in London, England." Mrs. Medlock tells Lord Colin.

"What Lady Mary is a nurse? " Lord Colin asks.

"Why yes, Master Colin. It is an honorable profession." Mrs. Medlock states, "Lady Mary had to make a decision regarding her future. She had to decide between being a schoolteacher or a nurse." Mrs. Medlock states.

Lord Colin looks at Mrs. Medlock and he asks, "Please send for Lady Mary to come to Misselthwaite Manor." and Mrs. Medlock sends for Lady Mary to travel to Yorkshire, England form London, England.

When Lady Mary receives the letter from Mrs. Medlock, she opens up the letter and it asks her to return to Misselthwaite Manor, but she has to rent a car to travel to Yorkshire, England from London, England.

Lady Mary has to pack up her belongings from her flat in London and her roommate, Linda drives her to the car rental place London, and they bid each other a fond farewell.

While driving up to Yorkshire she stops in a little cafe for lunch and tea, and she looks out the window and remembers when she first arrived out at Misselthwaite Manor.

Lady Mary thinks back in time about her father and mother, Colonel Albert Lennox and her mother, Lady Rose Stuart, and she remembers how very self-centered her mother was.