Lord Matthew Colin Craven

Lord Matthew Colin Craven is the firstborn child and only son of Lord Colin Craven and Lady Mary Lennox and his maternal grandfather, and paternal grandmother are brother and sister, Colonel Abert Lennox and Lady Lilias Craven nee Lennox are brother and sister.

Lord Matthew Colin Craven was born on March 1, 1940, in Washington D.C. while his father was the ambassador to the United States from Great Britian from 1940 until 1951, during the reign on King George VI of England and President Franklin D. Roosevelt and Dwight Eisenhower. 

Lord Colin Craven with Lady Mary was sent to pilot a exchange between war orphans whereas some English war orphans may  receive life changing surgery for them that Great Britan didn't have.

Lady Mary at the time tours and visited the Children Home ran by St. Elizabeth Ann Seton and the Sisters of Charity.

Lord Matthew Colin Carven was born at Georgetown Medical Center in Washington D.C., and he spent his first ten years growing up in Washington D.C. and attending St. Andrew's Episcopal Preparatory School in Maryland from the age of 5 until he was 10 years, and in 1950. they returned to England and returned to Misselthwaite Manor where they helped to house 50 war orphans under the care of Martha Sowerby.

The War Orphans were given a home rather them being sent to Australia under a pilot program administered The Government of King George VI called Britain's child migrant program.

The 50 children were given a home at Misselthwaite Manor, fed, clothed, and educated by a private tutor and given a daily chore do to everyday, but the war orphans were carefully chosen by Lord Colin and Lady Mary.

Lord Colin and Lady Mary didn't have the resources to help all the children and most of other children became a part of Britian's Migrant Program and the children between the ages of 3 and 15 were sent to either Australia, South Africa or Canada and some of them were not war orphans but children created orphans as they had been born to mothers who were not married.

Lord Colin and Lady Mary only chose children that were war orphans and they had lost their father and mother due to World War II, but Misselthwaite Manor was not run by the Church of England and personal religious beliefs were respected of all the children.

Lord Colin Craven was raised in the Church of England, but rarely church services and Lady Mary was raised in the Church of England, and sometimes taught Bible Class.

Lord Colin and Lady Mary believed that given these children a home, a structured life, and education was far more valuable than religion itself and the children needed use of their consciences.

In 1943, Lady Mary sent one young American orphan to Misselthwaite Manor name Lizzie and in 1955 she gave Lizzie the garden that she had been given it for helping it bringing it back telling Lizzie that the garden was given to her, and she had lived overseas in India and now the garden would belong to another little girl overseas from The United States.

In 1958, Lizzie returned to the garden to Lord Mattew Colin Craven telling Lord Matthew " The garden originally belonged to your mother, and she gave it to me in 1955 and I am now returning the garden to you, Lord Craven." 

Lord Matthew Albert Craven was grateful to Lizzie for returning the garden back to The Cravens as Lizzie left England to return to the United States in 1958.

The Garden has been in the Craven family since 1958 as Lord Matthew Colin Carven married in 1960 at the age of 18 years old and he became the father of two sons,

Lord Matthew Colin Craven became Earl of Craven in 1970 at the death of his father, Lord Colin Craven at the age of 30 years old as Lady Mary had predeceased him early in 1970 and they were both born in 1900.

Lord Matthew Colin Craven second son, Lord Albert Craven, succeed his father, Lord Matthew Colin Craven in 2004 at the age of 40 years old, but his son, Lord Frederick David Colin born in 1985 predeceased him in 2010 when he died in an accident with his wife, and they left behind a daughter, Lady Margaret Mary Craven born in 2007.

Lord Matthew Colin Craven's eldest son, Lord David Colin Craven marriage only produces one daughter, Lady Mary Rose Craven and for the first time the Earldom of Craven passed onto a daughter in 2027 when Lady Margaret Carven age 20 years old becomes 1st Countess of Craven and First Lady of Misselthwaite Manor.

Lady Margaret Mary Craven doesn't marry, and her heiress is Lady Mary Rose Craven, her first cousin, who is the daughter of Lord David Colin Craven who was born in 1981 and Lady Mary Rose Craven marries in 2002 to Lord John Holland and they Earldom of Craven will pass onto their son, Lord Henry Holland who was born in 2010.