Misselthwaite Manor: The Children's Home

With the outbreak of World War II on September 1, 1939, when Hitler invaded Poland.  England and France declared War on Germany on September 3, 1939, followed by Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and Canada.

Lord Colin and Lady Mary offered to turn Misselthwaite Manor into a children's home for 50 War Orphans, but Lord Colin and Lady Mary explained to the children's welfare in London, the children must be war orphans and they must have no parents. 

What could the British government say to it after they failed with the Child Migrants Program started by Annie MacPherson, another stupid Christian that thought to separate children from their families.

The government of King George VI asks Lord Colin and Lady Mary to open up Misselthwaite Manor to war orphans and these children were chosen with care and the youngest children were five years old up to 15 years old.

The first child to arrive was in 1940 and it was an 8-year-old boy name Philip Branson and he had lost both of his parents in London, when Germany bombed London.

Philip Branson was met by Lord Colin and Lady Mary at the Misselthwaite Train station, and he was taken to Misselthwaite Manor, and he was given a room and a daily chore to do along with being his education by a private tutor.

Soon thereafter, other children started to arrive from war-torn England and Misselthwaite Manor became a children's home.

Shortly after that Lord Colin was knighted by King George VI and he was appointed the ambassador to the United States from England and Sir Colin and Lady Mary had to fly to the United States and live in Washington D.C. and in December of 1940, their first child, a son, Lord Matthew Colin was born in Washington D.C. at Georgetown Medical Center.

Lord Matthew Colin was raised for the first 10 years of his life in The United States, and he was sent to a private school in Potomac, Maryland.

When Sir Colin and Lady Mary left England, they asked Martha Sowerby to take care Misselthwaite  Manor and the children.

While in Washington D.C.  and Lady Mary visited a children home run by The Sisters of Charity s that as founded by St. Elizabeth Ann Seton and England and The United States had agreed to exchange orphans in 1946, Lady Mary chose Lizzie Boscan to fly to England so one of the children could come to The United States to receive much needed medical treatment.

Lizzie was met by Martha at The Heathrow International Airport, and she was taken back to Misselthwaite Manor, and she became a roommate with a young English war orphan name Geraldine, and Geraldine had a dream one day to go to Hollywood and become an actress.

Lizzie met several young men there Steven and Robert as well, and it is Geraldine who persuades Steven to steal the garden key 

Geraldine and Steven get punished for stealing and lying and Lizzie doesn't think she needs the key to the Secret Garden as it is a magical garden, and she calls children, and they walk around the garden door and lo and behold the door appears and it opens up and all the children walk into the garden and the animals appear and the flowers start to bloom.

Martha is met by Lady Mary and Sir Colin, and she tells Lady Mary that she fears the garden is dead but when they walk into the garden it is even more beautiful than before and they are amazed, and Lizzie tells Lady Mary that the garden needed love and that she should not have it closed.

Lady Mary informs Lizzie that the garden belongs to her, and that it took "a girl from across the sea, many years ago" to bring the garden back to life, and that it has taken a girl from across the sea to do it again, and that it is up to her to do as she wishes with the garden. Lizzie announces that the garden will stay open so that all the children can enjoy it.