Chapter Fourteen- I Do

FINALLY I was so excited to write this chapter omg

"Get out," Ryder spat, harshly. "Get out!" He stormed out of the room, leaving an intense vibe in the air.

Chapter Fourteen- I Do

Riley's POV

I waited outside, impatiently, my hands constantly pulling at the collar of my shirt. I knew I had to dress nice but the suit was incredibly uncomfortable. My feet bounced up and down, my wolf excited from the multiple familiar smells that swirled around us.

I glanced over my shoulder at Adam, surprised to see how calm he was. I didn't know how everything was going to work out but I only cared about my family at this point.

"Look what the cat dragged in," a confident voice said from across the parking lot. Ryder stood a few feet away, his shirt halfway unbuttoned as he draped his jacket over his shoulder.

My heart skipped a few beats as I ran towards Ryder, tears almost forming in my eyes when I realized how long it had been since I had last seen him. I hadn't even been there for my own best friend's funeral.

"You've gotten so big," I cooed as I examined by friend's appearance as if I was his mother. Chuckling, he swatted my hands away, his eyes gleaming from happiness.

He opened his mouth to say something but instantly shut it when he saw Adam. I watched closely as they stared down one another, neither daring to make a move.

"You're the reason my father is dead," Ryder growled, his canines extending, before he launched towards Adam, his body ready to shift. But Adam stood motionless as he didn't have a single care in the world.

Luckily, I was quick to stop Ryder from murdering his enemy as I used my body as a shield.

"Why would you bring him here?" He growled, his eyes unable to leave Adam's face.

"He would've followed me anyways," I responded, "Don't let him ruin your happy day. Today is your wedding, Ryder. Focus on that."

He glanced between Adam and I before agreeing with me, his canines forming back into regular human teeth.

I released the breath I didn't know I was holding. Without a single word, Ryder stalked off, the muscles in his back tense.

"Stay hidden and don't cause any problems, okay?" I demanded Adam.

"Oh but I was really excited to talk to our dear Danny," he smiled, that smile that had me growling instantly. I didn't appreciate the sound of my mate's name on his tongue. "Fine, fine. I'll stay quiet."

/ / / / /

I watched my best friend as he pushed a silver ring onto my other best friend's finger. I squealed with joy, unable to control myself and causing Ryder to glance back at me with a smile.

There was this beautiful happiness that filled my heart as I reunited myself with all of my friends. I was surrounded by all the people that I hadn't even realized I missed. It was also strange that Danny wasn't here but I figured he was probably too sick to come.

There was a mass amount of clapping as Ryder kissed his mate. I could tell the wolves in the room didn't understand what was happening since Ryder and Noah had decided to have a traditional human ceremony. Our weddings were different from the human's.

Once it was over, we all gathered together to congratulate the newly wed. Noah's eyes brightened once he saw me and only seconds later, he was in my arms, gripping tightly as if he was afraid to let go. "I missed you," he whispered against my shoulder.

I set him down, allowing him to run back to his mate. I wanted to enjoy my time with my friends but it was incredibly difficult when there was this constant looming presence watching over me. I looked over my shoulder at the black shadow that hid in the corner. I could sense Adam's sly smile.

But suddenly, there was rich, delicious smell in the air and I knew exactly what that meant. I snapped my head to look across the room, my gaze immediately connecting with Danny's. My body had a mind of its own as it sped towards Danny, my breathe catching in my throat.

We collided together, our arms grasping at whatever they came in contact with. Like before, my mind was suddenly clear as if a plastic film was being peeled off of my eyes.

I inhaled sharply, unable to catch my breath as I held the most beautiful creature. "I didn't think you would be here," he breathed against my chest, mass feelings of relief and gratitude flowing off of him. "Are you staying? Have you come back for me?" His eyes were filled with so much hope that it made my heart break from having to disappoint him.

Once he noticed my expression, his face instantly dropped and he refused to look at me.

"I'll be back soon. The fight is only in a couple of days."

"How do you expect me to fight, Riley? Do you not see how weak I am?" I forced myself not to look at him because I knew how frail his body looked. He seemed to be thinner every time I saw him . The only thing that was still strong about his appearance was the prominent colors of his eyes- one red and one blue.

"We'll think about that later. Just let me enjoy you." My hand crawled under his shirt, making contact with the warm skin underneath. He gasped from my touch, his body unfamiliar with my touch now. I pulled his lips towards mine, adoring the pleasant taste that his mouth held.

Groaning into the kiss, I pulled him into my arms, his legs wrapping around my waist. My wolf wanted to take him right then and there, to re-establish our mark on our property.

But our kiss was suddenly broken when we heard a loud crash a few feet away. With a strong grip on my mate's wrist, I pulled him towards the crowd that was forming.

"I'm so tired of seeing that bullshit!" Mitch yelled, a broken glass by his foot. Ronnie reached for his friend but his mate, Andy, went to hold him back, which only seemed to anger the intoxicated Mitch even more. "He was mine!"

I ran towards Mitch before he could make an attempt to harm Andy. Ryder was soon by my side, assisting me in escorting Mitch away. But before we could make any progress, Adam was suddenly in our midst.

"I thought I told you to stay away," I hissed through my teeth, noticing the angry faces of all my peers, especially Danny's.

"You don't control me, Riley. It's time to go."

"Who are you to be able to tell my Beta what he has to do?" Ryder suddenly asked, his focus no longer on Mitch.

"As you should know, he is no longer your Beta. He is of a higher rank in my community," Adam responded before turning his attention back to me.

"Not only have you taken my father but also my best friend. It's about time someone put you in your place." Adam seemed to chuckle at Ryder's words as if Ryder was the scum on the bottom of his shoe.

Ryder and Adam were almost equal in power, both of them possessing incredible strength. After the transformation though, I was right behind them, my new demonic abilities increasing my power.

Without warning, Ryder charged towards Adam, his hands ready to wrap around his enemy's neck. Adam swiftly moved out of Ryder's way, anger boiling in his eyes. I knew that look too well and I knew if I didn't stop him now, he would destroy everything and everyone in his proximity.

"Do you really think you can beat me?" Adam chuckled as Ryder made another attempt to hurt him. Like before, Adam dodged his attacks without a slight bit of hesitation.

"Adam, stop. Let's go." I stated. He glanced at me, giving Ryder a chance to tackle him from the side. With glowing purple eyes, Adam rose to his feet, his angry emotions flowing off of him and into me. I was out of ideas at this point. He wasn't going to listen to me now.

Before he could cause any more damage, I held onto him, pulling his lips against mine until he had completely calmed down. When we had separated, I couldn't bring myself to look up and meet the eyes of my peers.

"Get out," Ryder spat, harshly. "Get out!" He stormed out of the room, leaving an intense vibe in the air. Without a single glance towards Danny, I grabbed Adam's hand and we were transported back to the house.