Chapter Twenty Two- Avenge Me

i didnt have much time to edit this srry. p.s. who's your favorite character?

"I'm a demon. We know nothing about being good,"

Chapter Twenty Two- Avenge Me

Riley's POV

I woke up, alone.

"Danny?" I called as I rubbed my eyes but there was no response. I pulled on some clothes before walking towards the door so I could go to the kitchen for breakfast. But there was a strange burning feeling in my shoulder and it caused me to collapse onto the floor.

I cried out, mostly because the pain was excruciating and also because it was coming from Adam's mark. I knew at that moment that Adam was back and he was doing something he wasn't supposed to.

"Riley? Whats wrong?" Danny asked as he came to sit beside me, his hand rubbing my back as if it would calm me down. He seemed to notice that I was rubbing the mark on my shoulder and he moved my hand away.

With his small tongue, he licked at the mark on my shoulder, causing a shiver to run down my spine and for the pain to slowly dissolve away. "Are you okay?" Danny asked me once I had calmed down and my aching shoulder had stopped causing me such discomfort.

"It's Adam- somethings happening but-" I tried to explain but Danny only shushed me as he pulled my head against his chest.

"I know," was all he said while his fingers combed through my hair. My whole body relaxed just from his mere touch and I exhaled deeply. "How about we have a date night? I think its time we get out of this house."

"Date night?"

"We could go to the movies or try that new Italian place that just opened!" I smiled because I loved how energetic he sounded and then I nodded.

"I would love that." I sat up straight before bringing his face to mine and kissing his lips. He smiled before grabbing the front of my shirt and pulling me forwards until he fell to the ground and I was laying on top of him.

/ / / / /

I grabbed Danny's hand, our fingers intertwining as we walked out of the movie theater. "I don't even remember the last night I went to the movies," I chuckled while a light breeze caused goosebumps to rise on our skin. "Thank you for today."

Danny simply sighed as he leaned against me, a small smile on his face. I looked down at him, loving how adorable he was.

My heart ached a little as I was reminded of the past few months of our separation and I hated how long it took for us to reunite. But as I stared at the side of his face, I realized that our bond was strong. Sure, we had a rough time. But we were able to surpass all of our obstacles and our love only grew stronger.

"You know I love you, right?" He smiled at that before leading us to an empty park bench. It was already dark outside but the bright stars illuminated the sky. I looked up at the moon, my wolf itching to howl and dance in the light of the moon.

"I love you too, Riley." He smiled brighter this time and I kissed his forehead in order to show my appreciation. But before I could pull away, he placed his hand on the back of my neck and attached our wanting lips.

I was surprised by his actions because Danny wasn't exactly fond of public affection. There were a few teenagers walking around the park and the movie theaters across the street was still packed with cars.

But I kissed him back, my tongue parting his lips in order to fully taste him. Like expected, he moaned and pulled me closer until he realized that we were drawing attention to ourselves and pulled away. His cheeks were a bright red but he kept his grip on the front of my shirt.