Chapter Eighteen- The Battle Part Two

There are actually three POVs in this chapter so beware. also, I planned to upload this earlier but I got sick and then I had to work two night shifts in a row so I apologize. Anyways, enjoy

It was the way he glared at Adam as if he was ready to kill the demon, to devour its soul.

Chapter Eighteen- The Battle Part Two

Danny's POV

The woman, Phoenix, had the most confident smirk I had ever seen. It reminded me of Adam's but it was so much worse. It chilled me to the bone until my body was visibly shaking. "My pleasure," she responded, her canines transforming into sharper points and made me realize that I was fighting two demons. Luckily, I had my demon wolf mate, Riley.

Phoenix charged forward, making me think that she was coming to choke me but she only vanished into a thin smoke, flowing through the wind until she could no longer be seen.

"I can't believe you would take his side!" Adam yelled at Riley, his hand covering his heart as if his wound was still visible.

"Did you really think I would be on your side, Adam?" Riley asked as he stepped forward, taking his spot by my side. "After everything you have done to us?"

"I gave you wealth, power- love. What more could you possibly want?"

"My mate." His words filled my heart with joy, giving me strength to calm my ragged breathing. Silently, he took me into his arms, causing us both to exhale deeply. "This will be over soon. I promise." I nodded against his shoulder but this only seemed to anger Adam even more.

In a blink, Adam was between us, holding Riley up by his throat. I could barely see him before Adam decided to throw him across the arena until Riley's back met the wall and fell to the floor. Gasping, I pressed myself against the wall, thinking I was scared but there was something within me that was filling with hatred and violence.

I then realized that my wolf was the one filling with that hatred. It didn't exactly appreciate Adam throwing my mate against a wall. I shifted back into my wolf form since I had transformed back into my human form when Riley had first made his appearance.

Growling, I charged towards the black mass that was once Adam. Once he noticed, a black force shot from his "arm" and I was forced back into my corner. This all seemed so familiar like I was experiencing deja vu. I was reminded of the time when we had first battled Adam. Ryder couldn't even beat him but then again, Riley is a new wolf, a new breed altogether. He is the demon wolf.

There was a distant howl and my head snapped to the right, noticing the muscular black wolf that stood a few feet from where I was. This wolf looked like my mate but his eyes- his eyes were different, unfamiliar. They were a dark red, the color of someones blood if it were to spill. But the color wasn't the only aspect that scared me. It was the way he glared at Adam as if he was ready to kill the demon, to devour its soul.

I cowered back into my corner, scared of what my mate was capable of doing.

Riley's POV

I glared at my mate, Adam. Apart of me held so much hatred for the man that I wanted to tear him to pieces but the other part of me longed for him. My wolf was incredibly confused on how to feel about what was happening. My spirit had bonded with two beings who were both alive, which is rare and dangerous. If one of them did not fall in battle today, I would be torn in two and eventually, die instead. The pain in my shoulders was only the beginning of what would happen.

But I chose to surpass the confusion of my wolf and to side with the part of me that wanted Adam dead. I knew I had two mates but even if I had millions of them, I would always choose Danny. Danny was and will always be my other half, my true mate.