Chapter Sixteen- Teach Me

Sorry for the long wait. To make up for it, I added a nice, hot scene at the end of this chapter

With hot and angry fist, I punched the glass.

Chapter Sixteen- Teach Me

Riley's POV

I looked at my reflection, noticing how the dark red swirled within my eyes. The color of my eyes made me intimidating, scary.

Adam's scent drifted into the room, burning my nose from its overwhelming smell. I glanced at him through the mirror, not bothering to turn around. "Can I help you?" I questioned, bringing my attention back to my own reflection.

"I-like-I'm" he stuttered, clearly having trouble with his speech. "I'm sorry, Riley." My body tensed, confused at how he was able to apologize. I never thought he would do such a thing, considering he is a demon.

"Sorry for what?" I asked in a soft tone, my eyes staring at his reflection.

He groaned, "For ruining the wedding. That's all I'm apologizing for." I knew a simple apology couldn't make up for what he did but it was a start and it was better than anything he's ever done. I didn't know his motive or what he hoped to get out of this but I accepted his apology no matter what. "If I lose you- I don't want to lose you."

"What do you want, Adam?"

"Teach me to be a better person."

"You're not a person, Adam. You're a demon and that's the problem." I spun around in the chair, folded my arms, and stared at him with tired eyes. It was crazy to me that he wanted to be a "good" person. This was the same guy who killed my father and laughed about it in the same day. He was the guy who deceived Danny and told him all these lies just to steal his mate. And he was the guy who was the leader of a demon community. He didn't know what being a good person was.

"Help me, Riley," he begged, his eyes wide and hopeful. He may have done many horrible things but he was still a living being who longed for an eternal love. "Let me take you somewhere; my treat."

With a roll of my eyes, I followed him downstairs, excited to see what he had planned.

/ / / / / /

"To be honest, you asked the wrong person. If you hadn't noticed, I'm not the greatest person." I stated, my hands snug in my pant pockets.

"But you're better than me," Adam said as he looped his arm through mine. Even though I still hated the man, I allowed him to be close to me, at least one more time before the battle. "What is a good person, Riley?"

Danny was the first person to come to mind. He was gentle, caring, and beautiful.

"I don't know- someone who puts others before themselves, someone who is understanding, truthful, loyal, and forgiving."

"Am I a good person?"

"Not really but we'll work on it." I could tell he was hurt by my response but I wasn't going to sugar coat it. If he was going to learn anything, he needed to be told the truth.

"For example, how do you think Danny feels?"

"Bad, I guess. Let's not talk about Danny."

"But you've hurt him the most."

"Are you sure about that, Riley?" His eyes were thoughtful and I knew he was thinking about me. I looked away, not wanting to compare my troubles with Danny's. I ceased our walking, moving to sit on a nearby bench. I looked out at the massive ocean, noticing how the water reflected the brightness of the moon, the colors balancing each other out. It was dark but it wasn't dark enough to hide the blue of the sea.

"I want you to know that I apologize in advance for whatever happens tomorrow," he stated, his head resting on my shoulder. I thought about what might happen the next day. There were so many possibilities but I tried to focus on the positive ones. One of mates will live and the other will die. Now all that's left is to hope the right one dies.

/ / / / /

I noticed that I was staring at my reflection again, wondering how I got here and what I could've done to stop all this from happening. I was glaring at myself when I heard a beautiful voice swim in my head.

I miss you, Danny said through our mind link, causing my wolf to stir with excitement.

I miss you too, baby. Just one more day.

I can't wait to see you, He replied.

Let me see you. A few seconds later, I could see Danny as he stared into a mirror. At times like these, I was glad I was able to see whatever Danny was thinking, remembering, or imagining. His body was slightly different now. He was still small and fragile but his arms seemed to have developed some muscle. His eyes were still fierce and were almost hard to see underneath his extremely long, dark hair.

I longed to touch him, to feel his skin underneath my fingertips. He looked soft and I could practically smell him.

He moved his hand along his stomach, traveling downwards until he reached his junk. With access to his mind, I tapped into his senses, allowing myself to feel what he felt.

I wish you were here with me, he whispered. He slid to the ground, his hand not once moving from the bulge in his pants.

Show me how much you miss me, I said. I focused on my own reflection and my own senses so he could see and feel me. He gasp at the sight of my reflection as if he had forgotten how I looked.

I ran my fingers through my hair, allowing him to imagine that I was playing with his hair instead. His eyes fluttered closed as he focused solely on the different senses.

He massaged himself, soft moans escaping his mouth, exciting my wolf even more. I wanted so bad to be there with him, to feel his body as it quivered underneath mine.

He continued to pleasure himself as I did the same, enjoying the imagine of my flustered Danny. His moans grew rougher before he decided to fully unclothe himself to get a better grasp of his member.

I groaned at the imagine, my heart beat and body temperature increasing. He pumped himself with long, fast strokes, wanting so bad to pleasure his mate. I removed my shirt before returning my attention back to my aching member, imagining myself pleasuring Danny.

Oh god, Riley, he moaned, his eyes rolling upwards as he continued with his fast pumps. I groaned at the sight, my hands moving at a faster pace. With a few more pumps, he released, triggering my release and we came together. I was coming down from my high when I realized he was crying. I miss you so much. Please come back to me, he cried.

I reached out, wanting to hold my mate, but the imagine of him was gone and I was stuck staring at my reflection. With hot and angry fist, I punched the glass. The mirror shattered, a portion of my reflection in every piece.