Chapter Five- Demon Wolf

asdfjhskdjfkjhf hello.

The smoke stopped a few feet in front of our table and immediately, burst into flames, revealing behind a woman, a look of confidence in her eyes.

Chapter Five- Demon Wolf

Riley's POV

Groaning, I rolled onto my stomach, my arm flopping onto a soft body that lied beside me. Instinctively, I thought it was Danny laying next to me. I shifted to my side and pulled the body towards me. The person instantly curled into my chest, their smooth skin rubbing against mine. I inhaled their musky scent, the unfamiliar smell confusing me but I thought nothing of it. It wasn't until the person spoke, did I become alarmed.

"Good morning," Adam said. I stumbled out of the bed and landed on the ground, my bare body completely exposed. He sat up as well, the blanket cascaded down his chest until it bundled up at his waist. From this angle, I could tell he wasn't wearing any underwear as well.

"Did we-" I mumbled, trying to figure out what was happening. I could hardly remember the night before. Adam chuckled and nodded his head. My first reaction was surprise. Did I actually mate with Adam? The burning in my shoulder answered that for me. He must have marked me or else his mark on my shoulder was just burning for no reason.

My second reaction was anger. I was angry at myself and I was angry at him. I know that was what he wanted but how could I not remember a single thing.

"I would never- I didn't-" I rambled on again, trying to find the right words to say.

"Oh, you did. With a little help from me of course," he stated with a smirk. He slid off the bed, the blanket unraveling from around him and exposing his member. I blinked several times before turning my head away. "You're not so modest yourself." I quickly covered my own private areas before scrambling to find something to wear. I grabbed a random pair of boxers that were on the ground and pulled them on.

"What did you mean by that?" I watched as he pulled on his own clothes. Even with his back turned to me, I knew he was smiling.

"You'll learn soon enough." He winked at me before exiting my room, leaving me to myself. I couldn't find it in me to be angry with him. Was our mating truly his fault? It had to be. I wouldn't mate willingly with him, would I? He is my mate after all.

I quickly ran out the door and caught up to Adam. His skin glowed brighter than I last remembered and his hair was sticking out in random places, something I like to call 'sex hair'.

"We have alot planned for today," he said. "So when you're done with breakfast, Ethan will be with you for your tux fitting.

"Why?"

"And then after that, I need your opinion on the decorations and menu for the guests."

"What guests?"

"Later, you will-"

"For fucks sake, Adam." I grabbed him by the shoulders and spun him around to face me. "What's going on?" His smile was light, almost as if it wasn't there.

"Tonight is the big celebration. Sort of like a ceremony," he said, "Now go eat. You have a busy day." And with that, he strutted away down another long, twisty hallway. I couldn't take my mind off the word 'ceremony'. This asshole needs to start explaining things more because I coudn't keep going on without knowing what half these demon terms mean.

Later that night..

The suit that I wore was stuffy and tight. It was practically a second skin. On top of that, I was stuck sitting at the host table in front of the entire community of demons. All I was at the moment was Adam's trophy to show off.

Not only that but the guests were different from the ones that attended the last gathering. The guests actually looked normal last time. This time, they seemed nowhere close to looking human. Some looked like deformed black creatures with tentacles that smelled like death and some were sickly pale with fangs for teeth. Even though I was a "mythical creature", according to humans, myself, I still found these "fairy tale" creatures surprising to be alive. I always thought it was just rumors, stories. Vampires, Shadows, floating specters, and  Witches were scattered throughout the ballroom. They still frightened me, even though I knew I could kill any one of them if I wanted to.

Adam's arm tightened around my waist, causing me to growl at him, instinctively. His eyes glared at me before glancing around us to make sure no one noticed my little protest. I roughly wiped his arm away from me, hoping it would stay away but he only rested it on the back of my chair.

I was staring at the white ceiling when I noticed a strange orange mass of smoke approaching us. The smoke stopped a few feet in front of our table and immediately, burst into flames, revealing a woman, a look of confidence in her eyes. She wore a gold dress that shimmered when she moved and her hair burned with a fiery red as it cascaded down her back.

"What are you doing here?" Adam groaned from beside me as he rubbed his temples. The woman approached our table. She smelt like smoke and cinnamon.

"I came to see the wonderful new mate I've heard so much about," she stated, her eyes roaming my face. I raised my eyebrow, amused.

"Riley, this is Phoenix. Phoenix, Riley." She smiled a devious smile that was too familiar to ignore. She reminded me of Adam. "Well, you met him. Now go away, the ritual is about to start." She spared me once last glance before strutting away.

"What ritual?" But I received no response, only a smirk that left me irritated. A man with a black shadow like glow around him whispered into Adam's ear before pulling him up and into the middle of the stage. I watched with awe as the two men's shadows grew from behind him. Their shadows eventually devoured them and their body's were covered in a black darkness, red eyes shining in the middle of where their face would be.

I turned to look at the crowd and noticed they were equally amazed by the men. There were more shadows than any other kind in the crowd and they were what scared me the most. "Behold, the mate of my dear son, Abaddon!" All 'eyes' were suddenly on me and for once in my life, I was frightened of being in the spotlight.

Adam's dark shadow sped towards me, a human hand extended out of the blackness. I hesitated before standing on my own, ignoring his hand. I heard a low snarl come from the shadow before I was roughly pushed to the center of the stage.

"With this mark, they will be joined as one and become the royal one!" I went to speak to Adam but before I could, his sharp fangs were puncturing my skin. A familiar sensation roamed through my body, my dick instantly hardening at the contact. The sensation wracked my whole body, leaving me out of breath and sitting on my knees on the floor.

An overwhelming sense of power filled my mind and I suddenly looked down on all the creatures that stood before me. "Bow to your new rulers!" I rose to my feet as the crowd bowed before us. The sight was oddly pleasing. I glanced at the faces in the crowd until I stopped at the only familiar one- Phoenix. Her smirk was like a candle in the darkness. The devious look in her eye angered me but I didn't exactly care about her at the minute. I was to fascinated by the power and authority that ran through my veins. I was a new person, a demon wolf.