Chapter Three- Lots of Pain

school starts tomorrow. will someone kill me please?

 There was nothing I hated more than imagining my mate with someone else. 

Chapter Three- Lots of Pain

Danny's POV

The following morning was hell. I woke up with a raging headache, which was weird since I didn't have an ounce to drink last night. Aside from the pain in my head, there was also an ache in my heart. The heartache was present yesterday but today, the pain seemed to have amplified. Following the heartache was a huge lump in my throat, that I couldn't seem to swallow. 

I couldn't find the energy to leave my room, or even my bed, for that matter. Crying in my bed, all day, sounded like an excellent idea to me. But of course, on the days that I wanted to be left alone, everyone wanted to bother me.

"Hey," Ryder's Alpha voice rang through my empty bedroom. The bed dipped in front of me, as my Alpha sat on the bed. Instinctively, I curled into myself, even more than before, trying to appear smaller than I really was. "I see you're going through withdraw,"

My right eye opened, slowly, taking in the restless man, that sat before me. I have never seen Ryder this distressed. I could relate to the massive pain he felt though. He was grieving over a loss and so was I. 

I know that I could hardly compare our problems when his father was dead, where my mate was not. But I could easily consider my mate as deceased. I would never see him again. He is no longer my mate. He is Adam's mate, forever and always.

I could fight for him, but that would get me nowhere. I am no match, compared to his new mate, Adam. Oh, how much, I hated that man. He betrayed me. The whole time, I believed that he was this amazing, kind guy but in reality, he was fake and only after Riley. 

If I could reverse time, I would. I would go back to the moment that I even spoke to Adam. But then again, if that never happened, would Riley and I even be together?

"Yeah, I think I'm just gonna stay in bed for the rest of my life," I sighed. My eye slid close, once again, as I wished for Ryder to leave. I didn't want my superior to see me cry. 

"Open your eyes, Danny," he demanded, worry strong in his voice. My eyebrows knitted together as I opened my eyes. He looked as confused as I did. "Stay here. I'm going to call Sam." He, quickly, rose to his feet before hurrying out of my room and to his office. 

Still confused, I pushed off my bed, my ankles screaming in protest, and walked to my mirror. I took one glance in the mirror and yelped in surprise. My eyes were two different colors - red and blue. I had never seen anything like this before and just from the sight of my eyes, the pain in my skull grew. 

Of course after everything that happened to me, something like this would happen. Life just hates me, doesn't it?

+++++++++++++

"Thankfully, I have seen this before," Sam stated. He released my face from his grasp and I was silently grateful. I wasn't a big fan of touching. "Considering what happened with the demon, something must have happened to your mate, that's causing your original blood and his new blood to battle for dominance."

"What do you mean by new blood?" Ryder voiced my thoughts. Sam removed his glasses before leaning back against the Alpha's desk, his fingers raking throughhis hair.

"Only demons have red eyes. Riley must have been bitten by a demon, or something related to that," Sam said. I didn't have the energy to listen to rest of his explanation. The moment I heard the word 'bitten', my world frozen. 

The image of Alex marking my mate had my rage boiling in seconds. There was nothing I hated more than imagining my mate with someone else. 

I was on my feet and out the door in seconds. I didn't want to listen to whatever they had left to say. 

Riley's POV

Ignoring the beating pain in my entire body, I exited my room, hoping Adam wouldn't catch me. Of course I knew Adam would catch me eventually but I at least had two minutes until that happened. Ever since the bathroom incident, he hasn't left my side. It was extremely annoying and I was tempted to kill him.

"Can I help you, sir?" the butler, who I recently learned was named Ethan, asked from behind me. My heart leaped in joy as I spun around, quickly, the envelope in my hand scraping my hand. 

"Oh thank god, I was looking for you," I sighed. I shoved the letter into his hand, hoping he would do what I was about to ask. "I need you to send this. But please, Ethan, don't tell Adam." He seemed uncertain at first but eventually, nodded, before tucking the letter inside his coat. Hopefully, he would send the letter and I would finally get my mate back.