Chapter Six- Manipulate and Escape

sigh is it bad that I'm actually starting to like Adam?

 I chuckled lightly, hoping Ryder wouldn't kill me when I told him what has happened since we last saw each other.

Chapter Six- Manipulate and Escape

Riley's POV

I took deep breath and tried to focus on memories of Danny to keep me calm. If he knew what I was about to do, he would forever hate me and probably would reject me. Hopefully, he would understand, if I ever did plan to tell him. 

My shaking hand pressed against the cool wood of the door. I couldn't believe that I was willingly doing this. If I did it once, I could do it again, right?

I pushed the door open and walked in, heading straight towards Adam, not stopping my stride. I knew if I stopped, I would turn around and run away like the baby I was. I paced towards Adam, not showing a tiny bit of nervousness.

He stood when he saw me and even then, I didn't stop. He went to say something but the moment he did, I grabbed him by the face and crashed our lips together. My stomach instantly did an uneasy flip but I pressed my lips harder onto his. He was as frozen as a statue but he gradually loosened up.

His body melted against mine and he began to kiss me back. The uneasiness in my stomach slowly began to fade the more I thought about Danny and a familiar feeling manifested in my southern regions.  

I seated us on his bed, his legs straddling me as we continued to devour each other. His touch shot tingles down my spine, my body growing warm from the sudden lust that filled us. I flipped him around to where his butt touched my groin, harshly. I hissed as he began to grind against me, the sensation pushing me to a familiar edge I've been dying to fall off of. 

My fingers were quick to pull off his pants and boxers. The moment his member was free, my hand was immediately wrapped around it and pumping at a fast pace. I growled as his nails transformed into claws and gripped at my thighs.

I had to keep reminding myself that I was doing this for Danny. I had a reason I was doing this and hopefully this sin was forgive able. But the more tension that filled the air and the harder I got, the thought of Danny slowly vanished and I was just enjoying the sensation I was feeling, no matter who was making me feel this way.

But my wolf was confused. We had two mates and the longer I spent with Adam, the less I thought of Danny. And what scared me was the thought of, if it came down to choosing between my two mates, would I still choose Danny?

"Riley," Adam moaned. His face was flush red, matching the color of his lips as he roughly bit into them. Before he could reach his climax, my canines extended and bit into his shoulder, pushing him into utter bliss. He cried out as he came into my hand and all over the bed. He rested back against me, his forehead covered in sweat and his bottom lip red from his constant abuse to it. I lowered my head and licked at his wound, causing him to shutter in response. 

I licked at his shoulder again and he moaned slightly, causing both of us to grow hard. 

"Are you tired?" I asked. He mumbled a 'no' but I could tell from his lazy movements that he was. He glanced up at me, his eyes a mixture of purple and black. Using my new found talent of manipulation, I said,  "Go to sleep, Adam." My voice was more demanding that I intended it to be but my "power" worked none the less. He stared blankly at me before curling up on the bed, beside me. 

The clock on the bedside table read 6:25. I quickly got cleaned up before leaving Adam's room and exiting the building. I knew Adam would find out if I left the territory or not. I knew he would cause war if I went back to my old pack. That's why what I planned to do wouldn't cause too much of an outrage.

I shifted before taking off into the woods. My fur blew in the wind and my body felt free as if I had been en caged for a year and was finally let go. Hopefully, Ryder received my letter and I wasn't doing all this for no reason. I came to a harsh stop the moment I saw Ryder's wolf. My stomach flipped with excitement at the sight of my best friend. I ran playfully towards Ryder but instead of playing with me, he growled lowly and backed away. And for once in my life, I wasn't scared of my Alpha. I challenged my Alpha as I growled back at him, my ears flat on my head and my teeth barred. 

He paused for a moment before turning his face and relaxing. I shifted back, not ashamed of my bare body, and he followed suit. "What the hell, man?" I exclaimed but he only glared at me.

"You smell different, rotten," he spat. I took a step back, surprised that he found me disgusting. There was a brief silence  in the air and cool breeze coming from behind me, causing my naked body to shiver. "I've missed you." 

"I missed you too," I sighed as I pulled him towards me. I held onto him tightly as if he would slip away at any minute. "I'm so sorry."

The last time I saw Ryder was when he almost died at Adam's feet, his face covered in dried tears from crying over his father. He was in pain. I didn't have to be his mate to feel his aching heart. I held on tighter, hoping my caring attitude was washing his pain away. 

"How's Danny?" I asked as we pulled away, his face full of sadness. My own weeping heart ached at the sight of his face and at the mention of my beloved mate. 

"He's weak," he whispered, his eyes roaming my appearance. "You seem to be doing fine." I chuckled lightly, hoping Ryder wouldn't kill me when I told him what has happened since we last saw each other.

Danny's POV

"They both taste great, Noah," I sighed. I couldn't help but wish that it was I picking out cakes for my wedding but instead, I was sulking in a corner as Noah happily forced cake down my aching throat. 

"You're just saying that," Noah stated as he took another bite of the red velvet cake. "Stop being such a downer, Danny."

I stared blankly at him. It wasn't like I trying to be this way. I lost my mate. How did he expect me to act? My mate is gone and so is my hope and he expected me to be happy, hopeful. 

I brushed my fingertips against the scar on my shoulder. I shivered to the touch but continued to rub the mark, reminding myself that he hasn't fully left me.

But the more I touched the mark, the more the world around me started to spin. I glanced down at hands, confused on how blurry they looked. I heard a distant call of my name before a sense of falling washed over me and then, nothing.