Chapter Nine- Ryder and Noah

this is pretty long ohmyhod im so proud wow

A crying Ryder cuddled up against his crying mother while everyone else stood awkwardly around them, trying to respect the Alpha as much as possible.

Chapter Nine- Ryder and Noah

Noah's POV

It was dark and the only visible thing was a bright figure that stood at a distance. I slowly walked towards the figure, the light around it growing brighter. As I got closer, the details of the figure became more noticeable.

When I reached the bright person, I grabbed them by the shoulder and spun them around. It was Danny. Danny was the bright angel that illuminated the darkness around him.

Happy to see him, I gave him a quick hug before pulling back a second later. It wasn't until then did I realize how horrible he looked. His hair was wet with a red substance, his eyes were dark and wet, amd his skin was awfully pale.

"Danny, are you okay?" I asked, my voice quivering slightly. The way he looked at me, it was terrifying. His eyes were so cold as if he wasn't himself anymore, as if he didn't know who he was.

"He's gonna die," he whispered before a sliver of blood dripped down from his eye and onto his cheek, staining his snow white skin.

"What are you talking about?" I reached to wipe away the blood but he only screamed.

"Don't touch me!" He stepped away as he cried tears of blood. I lifted my hands to my face and noticed they were shaking so hard that I couldn't control them.

"I'm going to die, Noah." And then he was gone and I was left in the cold darkness.

I bolted upright in bed and I was faced with the same darkness that was in my dream. Terrified, I scrambled off the bed and hid in the corner as I curled into a ball.

I knew having this power was supposed to be a blessing. I knew I should be thankful because it's not everyday that a wolf is granted with a power. But I hated what I was able to do. Every time I was to see the future in my dreams, it was a nightmare. When will I have a good dream that told me about a great future.

I cried until my eyes burned and my diaphragm was in pain. My dream told me that Danny was going to die and that someone else was also going to die. I could only imagine he was talking about Riley. But they couldn't die. I couldn't live with myself if they did and I knew it would ruin Ryder if something like that did happen. He's already in pain because of his dead father. He can't lose his best friend too.

Tired of sitting in the corner of my room, I walked out. Ryder wasn't asleep in the bed with me, not that I was surprised. He hadn't been sleeping lately or eating. Ever since he lost his father, he's been in this terrible state where all he does is sit in his desk and hold his head in his hands.

I made my way to his office, making sure to knock on the door before entering. "Ryder?" I called. He glanced up at me, a small smile present on his face.

I couldn't get over how sickly he looked. He was getting skinnier, the bones in his face protruding more than usual.

"Hey, babe," he whispered as he opened his arms out for me. I positioned myself on his lap, curling up in his side like a puppy.

"What time is it?"

"Time to start getting ready for the funeral." I tensed against him. I had totally forgotten today was his father's funeral. I could already imagine whats its going to be like. A crying Ryder cuddled up against his crying mother while everyone else stands awkwardly around them, trying to respect the Alpha as much as possible.

I placed my hand on the side of his face and turned him towards me. He had been frowning so much lately that his mouth just seemed to stay that way. I hated to see him like this and I wanted nothing more but to wipe away his pain.

I pulled him towards me until our lips connected. Our slow, passionate kiss turned into one full of hunger and need. He needed to let out his frustration and if he needed me to do so, then so be it.

I re positioned myself to where I was sitting on his lap and he engulfed me within his arms, that provided such warmth that I felt like I was being covered with a blanket.

My fingers gripped his hair hard as he grinded against me, driving my wolf wild with lust. He moved his mouth to my neck, covering it in sloppy kisses as his hands grabbed at my pants.

I arched my back until my chest met his, a silent moan leaving my mouth. He removed my shirt before lathering my chest in more kisses and bites. I rested back against the desk, allowing my mate all the access he needed.

His grip on my hips were rough and I could already feel the bruises forming. But I didn't say anything. I didn't want him to stop what he was doing.

But suddenly there was a sharp pain in my hips, causing me to jump off his lap until I was sitting on top of the desk.

I glanced down at his hands and noticed his claws were fully exposed and my hips were bleeding. It took him a moment before he realized what he had done. His whole face fell and he jumped up in horror and disgust.

"I just- I'm so sorry- I" But he couldn't utter a single word. He couldn't even bring himself to look at me but to be honest, I wasn't mad. I understood that he was just frustrated with everything that was happening and he accidentally took it out on me. I wasn't upset at all, really.

He rushed out of the room and that was the last I saw of him before we left for the funeral.

The funeral was more depressing than I had imagined it would be. The whole pack was there and even some members of other packs were there. Hunter seemed to be a very well known man.

Ryder said a few words about his father but after that, he seemed to have disappeared. Even after the funeral when everyone was pretty much gone, I still couldn't find him and that worried me.

Riley's POV

Groaning, I rolled over onto my back. I spent the whole day lounging around in my room and mostly just sleeping. My whole body just seemed to be exhausted and too tired to even function. On top of that, the bite marks on both of shoulders burned as they reminded me that I still need to pick my one and only mate. But at least it reminded me that Danny was still alive and well.

It was becoming dark outside and I couldn't remove myself from the desk that sat in the corner of my room. I had been busy lately, writing letters, or journal entries if you may. Most of them were addressed to Danny and the other half were just reminders of what I have been through this past month or so.

A knock sounded from the front of my room but I didn't answer because I knew whoever it was, would just let themselves in anyways.

As usual, it was Adam, his smirk alive and well on his face. "How are you feeling?" he asked as he came to sit on top of the desk I was working on.

"Like shit. What about you?" I said, my head tilted back so I could look at him. It was hard to stay mad at him. It was like he had this weird control over me that prevented me from displeasing him.

"There has to be something to stop this pain," he pondered, his fingers skimming over his bite mark on my shoulder, causing my body to shudder.

"There actually is something but I don't know-" I glanced up at him under my lashes, hoping that he was interested. Judging by his raised eyebrows, he was interested. "When I went to meet Ryder, he told me some things. This pain wont stop until I'm dead. The only way to stop this pain and get rid of my ties with my other mate, one of them has to die.

He says that he plans to talk to you so you guys can plan some sort of battle, a battle to the death."

"Me versus Danny?" His gaze looked distant as if he was really thinking about it but little did he know, I had a plan. "I think I accept this challenge. Let us speak to this Ryder."