Chapter Eight- Wedding?

ok ok i know everyone is like rlly uspet at me because Adam is still with Riley. But just be patient, my dears, okay? Adam is important rn but hes about to go away very soon so just be patient. oh and p.s. sorry for the long wait again.

There was flash of movement and a heavy wind and suddenly, Adam was standing in front of me, his eyes burning a harsh purple.

Chapter Eight- Wedding?
Riley's POV

The run back to the mansion was nerve wracking. I could just imagine Adam standing by the door, waiting for me like hes my mother.

But when I arrived, he was not waiting for me. I quickly got dressed before carefully, entered the building, hoping I wasn't making too much noise.

It was dead quiet and it caused me to worry even more. I reached Adam's room in a matter of 3 minutes, a new record since I was still trying to memorize this maze of a building. 

I was surprised to see that the bed was empty and all that was left was an imprint of Adam's body in the sheets. I exhaled slowly and closed the door before heading to his office. The door was cold against my fingertips as I, slowly, pushed it back. It was colder inside the room then the door was.

Like I had expected, Adam was sitting in his chair behind the desk that my father was killed on. I could still smell the faint scent of blood that my father used to carry within in his body. I entered the room, not sure if he knew I was present.

"I've been waiting for your return," he said. But he was no longer in his chair. He was standing in front of a bookshelf on the opposite side of the room. I hadn't even seen him move. "Where did you go?"

When I did not answer immediately, he asked me again. "Where did you go, Riley?"

"I had to see someone. I had to know if Danny is okay," I replied as I leaned against the desk. There was flash of movement and a heavy wind and suddenly, Adam was standing in front of me, his eyes burning a harsh purple.

"Danny is no longer of your concern," he said in a tone that was barely above a whisper. "You are my mine. Do you not understand that?" Snorting, I turned my face away, focusing my gaze on the bookshelf he was previously admiring.

"What do I have to do to make you understand?" He continued to stare at the side of face as his hand moved up and down my thigh. But I was not in the mood for him or his desires. Frustrated, I pushed his hand off of me before turning to walk away.

I came to a stop in front of the huge window that looked over the entire land beneath us. The moon was high in the dark night, accompanied by the gleaming stars around it. I could hear the tapping of Adam's shoes as he approached me.

"What's wrong, Riley?" He asked from beside me but I continued to gaze out at the stars.

"Ryder is getting married," I said after a few moments of silence, "I want to be there at my best friend's wedding." Glancing down at my mate, I noticed his eyes had returned to their normal color. For once, he looked speechless, as if he wasn't sure what to say.

"I can't let you go. You know that, Riley."

"I will run away if I have to. But you can't stop me from leaving, no matter what powers you may possess."

"I possess the same powers that you do, my dear." The marks on my shoulder started to burn again and I had to sit down so I didn't faint. Adam came to kneel by my side, his hand caressing my knee. "I know what you did. The moment you stepped foot in my room, I knew you were up to something. You tried to tire me out by pleasuring me and just to make sure I didn't awake, you used your new found power of manipulation. But you're still learning. Your powers are weak."

"I didn't know I had that ability until it happened." I leaned my head back. I was suddenly really tired and I didn't know how much longer I could focus.

"You're in pain, aren't you?" He stood to his feet before sitting down on my lap and placing his hands on both of my arms. "I can take that pain away, Riley." Like before, my arms began to buzz with a fiery purple, my veins loosing their normal color.

"Close your eyes and imagine your bedroom. Imagine us sitting on your bed." He whispered, his voice flowing within my head as I did what he said. There was slight breeze and the next time I opened my eyes, we were in my bedroom. He raised his eyebrow, as if to say good job.

"Just relax." His lips were suddenly against mine, massaging and soothing them until they were buzzing for more. He moved lower, his mouth never leaving my body. Even though my vision was incredibly blurry, I could still make out the purple veins in my arms and the dark brown hair of my mate as he began to pleasure me.