Chapter Twenty Seven- Long Live the King

the last chapter!!!

I could still feel the power running through my veins but it was lessened now as if it was only a memory of what once was.

Chapter Twenty Seven- Long Live the King

Riley's POV

"Congratulations, Riley," Adam whimpered before his body fell limp and he collapsed on the floor. But even though he was gone, I could still imagine his eyes staring into mine and looking at my soul. I crawled backwards, wanting to run away but seeing my mate, dead and on the floor was too much. But when I turned around, he was there again, his hands bloody and his mouth red. He opened his mouth, in order to say those two words once again.

But instead, he said, "It will never be over."

I jolted up right, sweat pouring down my face and my hands gripping the sheets beneath me. The room smelled familiar to me but I still couldn't recognize my surroundings. All I could see was black with a few red eyes surrounding me, drawing closer until I was scared shitless. I swiped at the eyes, my teeth extending, the same with my claws.

I was tired of Adam's influence; I was tired of everything that had to do with him. All I could think about was him, his abilities, and what he made us go through. I remember running through millions of wolves in order to penetrate his castle to find my mate.

I remember watching him die in my best friend's arms as I killed his sister and I remember being locked in a translucent box as he choked my Alpha. These memories haunted me, scaring me for life.

But there was a light in my darkness, a good in my bad. The red eyes around me vanished and my surroundings became familiar once again. I was in my room, safe at the pack house and away from Adam.

I turned to look at the frightened boy next to me, his eyes bigger than ever as he held my arm tightly. He was terrified.

"Riley?" he said. I took a few deep breathes, hoping to calm my rapid breathing and tame my wolf. My claws retracted and my teeth went back to their normal human size. Sighing, I pulled Danny to my chest, glad that we were finally together again and Adam was nowhere near. "I was so worried about you."

"I know, I know but I'm okay now," I replied, my fingers combing through his dark hair. "They're gone now, Danny. No one can hurt you anymore."

"Thank you, Riley. You don't know how much that means to me," he said in a rather low voice. "You risked your life- I wouldn't have let you go if it meant-"

But I cut him off, my fingers tracing the outline of his face. His eyes were their brilliant blue once again and I smiled. "Risking my life was worth it." I kissed his nose, loving the softness of his skin against mine and I pulled him closer.

Adam could haunt me for the rest of my life but as long as I had Danny, my one true mate, then I was happy. Everything was okay when Danny was around and everything will always be okay when we are together.

In the beginning, we avoided each other, not even bothering to make any type of contact. But here we were, holding one another and risking our lives to continue our love. He was finally mine and I was his.

"I'm just glad you're back to your normal wolfy self," I stated and he playfully hit me in the arm. He obviously didn't like my use of 'wolfy'.

"My eyes may be back to normal but yours aren't." Sighing, I ignored what he said and rested my head on his shoulder. "I thought all of his influence was supposed to be gone."

"There was a chance some of it might stay." I stared down at my hands. I could still feel the power running through my veins but it was lessened now as if it was only a memory of what once was. I was no longer the demon wolf or the demon king's mate. I was a Beta, who just happened to have red eyes. I might even have a small ounce of my power left but even so, I was still just a Beta, loved and adored by my beautiful mate. "I just want to sleep."

"Go to sleep then. You've had a rough day." He pulled the blankets over us, the warmth increasing and I sighed in comfort and relief. If I could, I would stay like this forever, by my mate's side as we enjoyed each other's company. "I love you, Riley."

"And I will always love you."

{Mitch's POV}

I walked aimlessly down the hallway, stopped when I came to the end, turned around, and began walking again. Everyone was asleep, minus the few couples that were whispering cute things to one another and expressing their love in private.

But in this particular hallway, the only couple that stood out to me was Ronnie and Andy. Thanks to my werewolf senses, I could smell them and sadly, I could hear them. I hated myself for being so in love with Ronnie but no matter how much I wanted to get over him, I couldn't.

But as I stood in front of the door, their low voices filling the silent air, I realized that my love for Ronnie was pointless. It was ridiculous to love someone I couldn't have and it was stupid of me to even wish that I could be with him.

So I turned away and ran out of the house, hoping a quick run would clear my mind. Maybe, just maybe, I could get Ronnie out of my mind and I would be freed from his influence.

I ran for hours, ignoring the burning sensation in my legs and my arms and I pushed myself to go faster. I had to keep running; I had to forget about him.

But after running through the dark forest for a few hours, I stumbled across a strange figure lurking through the forest. It was a man, clearly injured as he limped through the woods. Black blood trailed after him and every few seconds, he would vanish and reappear a few feet ahead of where he was before.

I froze, unsure of who this person was or what I should do. But it was too late to run away now because he had already noticed my presence. He glanced over his shoulder, his eyes glowing red and his hand holding his heart. "Long live the King," was all he said before he collapsed and his body fell to the ground.

He laid there, motionless and so did I. Who was he?

~~~~~~~

I hope you enjoyed this series. Thank you to everyone that stuck around since the very beginning and for always supporting me. I just want to give a special shout out to a few people that have been around since the very beginning and always left the greatest comments: Amyychan, bleedingangel95, greenforesthero, juice20, bubbles96, and denny. There are many more people that I failed to mention but I would hate to make such a long list because I'm sure no one really wants to read all of that.

Anyways, thank you again and I hope you plan to read Adam's story: The Shadow King. The first chapter will be out soon.