Chapter 2: A Misappropriated Tart

After the shocking visit of Ace, Briar and the others sit down in the lounge of the dorm.

Grim looks at the collar, "I'd recognize that collar anywhere. It's the same one that psycho stuck on me at orientation!"

"Psycho?" Sereia says, confused.

"A boy used his magic on Grim to shackle him, after he caused a huge mess at orientation," Briar calmly says.

"Hey!" Grim angrily shouts.

Briar then says, "I think his name was Riddle."

"Riddle Rosehearts. He's the housewarden for Hearthslabyul Dorm," Ace says.

Then Briar turns to Ace, "But why did you have that collar around your neck?"

"Yeah. What'd you do to get shacked with that?" Grim adds.

Ace crosses his arms and answers, "I ate a tart."

Everyone blinks their eyes with confused looks on their faces.

Briar says confused, "You... ate a tart?"

"That's it?" Tanzanite asks, confused.

Then Jasper asks with his arms crossed, "Are you serious?"

Even Trinket tilts her head with a confused look.

"Yeah, that's it! That's all I did!" Ace angrily says.

"How did that happen?" Briar asks.

Then Ace explains, "It happened when I returned to the dorm. I was a little hungry, see, so I went down to the dorm kitchen and found some tarts in the fridge. Three whole tarts! Big ones, too!"

Flashback:

In the Heartslabyul Dorm's Kitchen, where there are rose like wallpapers, hear knobs on the cabinets and draws, and curve up furniture. There, Ace walks inside the kitchen to find something to eat.

Ace sighs in exhaustion, "Man, I'm still tired from our little adventure. I missed dinner, too, and now I'm starving!"

Ace then walks towards the fridge, "Got anything for me, fridge?"

He then opens the fridge and to his amazement, he can see three, big, round, strawberry tarts.

Ace is amazed, "Whoa, score! Tarts! Those look amazing! And plenty to go around, too! No one would notice if I snagged one teeeeensy little slice, right? Right. Of course not."

With that, Ace then cuts himself a slice of strawberry tart and is ready to eat it.

He happily says, "Thank you for the food." And begins to eat the tart.

Ace becomes surprised after the first bite, "SO good! I'm in pastry paradise right now!"

"Of course they're good. Trey made them. His tarts are always exceptional," Riddle answers, walking into the kitchen.

Riddle is wearing a different outfit from the orientation. He wears a small crown leaning on the left side of his head. His outfit consists of a white and red coat dress with the bottom being lined with a gold-coloured fabric. The inside of the coat dress is entirely red and has a pattern consisting of tiny hearts, spades, diamonds, clovers, and crowns. He also wears white trousers.

"Yeah, but I mean... They are CRAZY good! Like he could sell these at..." Ace says as he turns around.

But then panics to see Riddle, "-wait, Housewarden?!"

Riddles crosses his arms and says, "That you would think to touch something of MINE... Well, I'm impressed with your audacity, at least. But the Queen of Heart's rule 89 is quite clear, 'Never eat a tart without the Queen's permission.' The theft of tarts is a serious crime!"