Chapter 22: Soundly Chastised

Soon the duel begins, and Ace and Deuce begin to raise their magepens to perform the first attack. However, Riddle already has his magepen at hand and prepares to use his magic.

He waves his magepen as he calls out, "Off With Your Heads!"

And Ace and Deuce have been collared, "Bwaaaaah!" before they even have a chance.

At the sidelines, Briar suddenly feels a jolt of pain in her head.

Ace grunts by the sudden impact of the spell, "Urrrgh... Not again. I didn't even have time to finish my spell!"

"He shut us down like it was nothing..." Deuce adds.

Seriea says in surprise, "That was fast!"

"It was all a blur!" Tanzanite adds.

Trinket nods her head in reply.

"Visualization is key to spell casting. The better you are at accurately visualizing your magic's effects, the stronger and more precise it will be. It would appear Mr. Rosehearts has finely honed his magic," Crowley says.

"Myah... They didn't stand a chance," Grim says in devastation.

Mainly because he has to wear the collar, along with Tanzanite and Jasper.

Just then, Riddle says with a huff, Hmph. You didn't even last five was all you had, and still you thought to challenge me? You must be utterly humiliated. I guess my mother was right. A man who cannot follow rules is a man who cannot achieve anything."

"Tch..." Deuce replies

Then says, "We agree that rules should be followed. But forcing others to follow nonsensical rules like the ones you've enacted is tyranny!"

"Then you agree that breaking rules is wrong. And in this dorm, I AM the rules. Therefore, those who cannot abide by my decisions deserve not the heads they use to complain!" Riddle says.

Suddenly, Briar says, "You're the one who is wrong, Riddle. Rules are important, but to keep enforcing them on students, especially when they are made by a student, is something that a tyrant would do. Not to mention, keep using that spell on other students, including those who weren't even in your dorm. You have no right to treat your fellow students this way."

"I am the one who decides what is wrong and right!" Riddle sternly says.

Then questions, "What sort of pitiful education have you received, that you cannot follow such simple rules?"

"What did you just say?" Briar asks, shocked and stunned for words.

With a devilish grin, Riddle says, "Clearly, you were born to parents with no great magical capability. And as a result... You lack even the basic education necessary to attend a school such as this. It's quite sad."

However, saying that, he isn't aware that Briar is clenching her fists as tears begin to run down her face.

"You little..." Deuce angrily says.

"You shut your spoiled little mouth!" Ace angrily says.

Before Ace and the others can do anything, Briar ends up raising her hand in the air, and slaps Riddle right in the fight on his left side, causing him to stumble back and fall to the ground.

Still shocked, Riddle questions, "Wh-what?"

"Riddle?!" Cater and Trey exclaim in shock.

"Mr. Rosehearts?!" Crowley exclaims in shock.

The Heartslabyul students are just as shocked, "Whoa! She just slapped the housewarden...!

With a grin, Grim says, "Wham! Right cross to the face!"