Chapter 14: Delicious Varieties

Sometime later, after a long while of baking, icing, and decorating the chestnut tarts.

"Okay, now we just sprinkle on a little powdered sugar, and..." Trey says as he places the powdered sugar on the last tart.

Grim and Ace cheer, "Finished!"

"Fin...ished..." Deuce says, feeling depressed.

Noticing the sulk look on his Deuce face, Ace turns to Briar and asks, "Did something happen to him while you were shopping?

"He's still in shock from the whole egg situation," Briar says, and nervously chuckles

"Eggs?" Ace says, confused.

Then Deuce mutters to himself, "For sixteen years, I was so sure..."

"Yeah, whatever. I'm pretty beat. Making tarts sure takes it outta you," Ace says, feeling exhausted.

Then Cater says, "Hey fam! You look wrecked. Are the tarts done? Ooh, those look sooo cute!" and brings out his phone, "Lemme snap a quick pic for Magicam!" then takes a picture of everyone in the kitchen.

"What, NOW you decide to show up?" Ace questions with a frustrated expression.

"I just came to see how hard my little newbs were working," Cater says.

"It's tough work if you're not used to it. But there's no better cure for the ails of fatigue than something sweet from the oven!" Trey says. "Help yourself to some of this tart."

Everyone cheers, "YAY!"

Then Ace turns to Cater with a suspicious look, "Pretty funny how you managed to show right when it was ready to eat, Cater."

"Yeah. You sure showed up unexpected," Jasper replies.

"Heh heh. Someone's gotta be the official taster!" Cater says with a grin on his face.

"Well then, now that the tarts are finished, I say it's time to eat," Briar says.

"Yummy," Sereia happily says.

Grim is admiring the tarts with excitement, ""Mmmm... That smells so good... Glossy chestnuts on top, fluffy cream below... I can't wait another second, I'm going in!"

Briar and Trey then begin to serve the tarts to everyone. Once the tarts are served, everyone takes a bite from it.

"Oh, dang..." Ace says, amazed.

"Yuuum! Liked and subscriiibed!" Cater says.

"This is like something from a fancy bakery," Deuce says.

"I agree. The tarts taste so good," Briar says.

"It's really delicious," Sereia says.

"Yeah. The tart is really good," Jasper says.

"It's really good," Tanzanite says.

Trinket replies with a tingling sound.

Grim is especially satisfied with the taste, "Rich in flavor, yet not too sweet... It's like chestnuts are dancing across my tongue!"

"Is that... a good thing?" Trey asks.

"If Grim likes it that much, then you know it tastes delicious," Briar says.

Suddenly, Cater says to Trey, "Oh, Trey! You gotta do the thing."

"The thing?" Trey says confused, but quickly knows what he's talking about, "Oh... That."

Hearing Cater, everyone grows curious.

"Uh, wanna fill me in here?" Ace asks.

Instead of answering Ace's question, Trey asks, "What's everyone's favorite food?"