Chapter 19: Punishment Escalation

At the Heartslabyul Dorm lounge, after the Unbirthday party, things escalated. To put it simply, Riddles' enforcement of the Rules of the dorm along with the punishments is starting to get out of and.

Riddle sternly says to a student, "The Queen of Hearts's rule 249: 'Flamingo caretakers are to don pink attire.' It was supposed to be your turn to feed the flamingos today. Why aren't you wearing pink?"

"I'm sorry, Housewarden. My pink clothes were in the laundry... Please, sir, not the collar!" The student says in fear, and begs.

But Riddle says, "This is your second rule violation. I cannot forgive a repeated offense."

And cast the spell, "Off With Your Head!"

And in a matter of seconds the student lets out a scream, "Gaaaaaaah!" as the collar appears around his neck.

Then Riddle punishes the student, "Write me a 5,000-word apology and weed the garden for one week, and I'll remove it."

The student begins sobbing, "... But..."

"Do you think I enjoy having to do this?!" Riddle questions sternly and says, "You're the one who broke the rules! As much as I would like to, I cannot ignore these infractions. It's for your own sake. Understood? Trey? Cater? Remove him from the premises.

"...Yes, Housewarden," Trey and Cater answer, though they're also reluctant about it.

And so they take the student away.

However, unknown to anyone, more drips of the black ooze fall to the floor, and fuse together and start to become a puddle.

Meanwhile, the others are at the school infirmary. Even though they plan to find Trey, Tanzanite and Jasper think it will be a good idea for Briar to get to the infirmary. Suddenly, Briar feels a sharp pain in her head and clenches her head.

"What's wrong, Briar?" Sereia asks, worried.

"I'm not sure. My head started hurting all of the sudden," Briar says, feeling the pain.

"This isn't the first time that has happened, correct?" Divus Crewel questions.

"That's correct, sir. My head has been hurting a lot recently, and I'm not sure why. It felt like my head was about to split open," Briar explains.

"Hmm, it's a bit difficult to understand your headaches, young pup. It seems that your health is normal," Crewel says.

Then says, "I suggest that you keep yourself hydrated and not over-stress yourself. However, I suggest you return here if your sudden headaches become severe."

"Um okay, sir," Briar says.

After that, the group then leaves the infirmary and are walking down the hall to the library.

"It's quite odd that the teacher didn't find anything wrong with you," Deuce replies.

"I know, but I still don't understand why I'm getting these headaches," Briar replies.

"Maybe it's because you've not eaten or drank anything yet?" Grim suggests.

"I don't think so. I've been eating and drinking fine," Briar says.

"How about that we focus on finding Trey and try not to think about your weird headaches," Ace says.

"Alright," Briar replies.

And so, the group head off to the library to find Tray.

In the library, Trey is sitting at the desk and is thinking about the incident at the Unbirthday Party, and what's been happening at the dorm.