Chapter 24: An Unhinged Prefect

The black and red aura surrounds Riddle and soon he becomes consumed by it. Then, multiple black ooze from Riddle's magepen pours out of the gem at once and his red gem turns completely black. And soon, the black ooze has Riddle in it, and a dark light shines over it. Soon, the light disappears and everyone is left with a horrified sight.

They soon see Riddle in some black and red patterned outfit with white roses around the waist tainted with black ink. The sleeves are torn, and the cloves look like ooze covering his hands. The dress also has a white collar, and wears a heart like choker around his neck. He is also wearing black high heel boots. He also appears to be wearing some kind of black masquerade mask on his left side, and red smoke appears over his eye, along with a black crown on his head. His body and face has become pale, and his hair becomes a darker red, and his eyes become a crimson red color.

Suddenly, Briar feels a strong pain in her face and clenches her head as she sits on the ground in pain.

"Briar!" Grim cries out and runs to her.

Sereia, Tanzanite, Jasper, and Trinket do the same.

"Briar, what's wrong?" Jasper asks.

"My head's hurting! I... I can feel the dark aura flowing out of him!" Briar says.

"Still, what happened to him?" Tanzanite asks.

"Did his whole body just change?!" Sereia asks, terrified.

Suddenly, Riddle maniacally laughs, "Heh heh heh... AH HA HA HA!" and says, "You are fools to defy me! You are not welcome in my world. In my world, I am the law. I am order made manifest! The only response I will accept from you is 'Yes, Housewarden Riddle.' All who defy me will lose their heads! Ah ha ha ha ha!"

"Dear me, what have I done? I've allowed a student to overblot in my presence!" Crowley says, devastated to what he has witnessed.

"Overblot'?" Sereia says, scared.

Then Grim asks, shocked, "What does that mean?!"

Overblot is a dangerous condition that mages must avoid at all costs. At the moment, he is overcome by negative energy, and has lost control of his magic and emotions."

"Okay, sure... but what does that mean?" Grim asks.

"Please explain!" Deuce says.

"Yes please," Tanzanite adds.

Then Cater says, "To put it in layman's terms, he's in evil berserker mode!"

"If he keeps releasing magical energy, we could be looking at a loss of life here - his included," Trey adds.

"WHAT?!" The Ramshackle dorm group exclaims in shock.

"The well-being of my students is my top priority. Therefore, I must evacuate them immediately. As for Mr. Rosehearts, we must restore his consciousness before his magical energy runs dry. For as bad as losing him would be, there are scenarios that are far worse..." Crowley says.

He then calls out to the students, "Listen well: I need all of you to seek help from the other housewardens and members of the faculty."

Hearing that, all the remaining students begin to evacuate from the Rose Maze Garden in fear and panic.

Suddenly, Ace rushes forwards and cries out, "Hiiiyah! Take that!"

And cast his wind magic at Riddle.

"Huh?!" Crowley, Trey, and Cater are beyond shock.

Then Deuce calls out, "I summon thee, cauldron!"

And conjures a cauldron to smacks Riddle with it,