Chapter 8: The Legendary Seven

Back to the question Grim and Tanzanite ask.

Grim asks, "So what are the other dorms like, then?"

"Yeah. What are the other Dorms like?" Tanzanite adds, just as curious.

"As Cater mentioned earlier, the dorms of this school are themed after the Great Seven," Trey says.

He then explains, "We have our dorm, Heartslabyul, modeled after the strictness of the Queen of Hearts. To run down the rest of them for you, we have... Savanaclaw, based on the persistent spirit of the King of Beasts. Octavinelle, based on the benevolent heart of the Sea Witch. Scarabia, based on the mindful personality of the Sorcerer of the Sands. Pomefiore, based on the tenacity of the Fairest Queen. Ignihyde, based on the diligence of the king of the underworld. And finally... Diasomnia, based on the noble spirit of the Thorn Fairy..."

"Wow. So there are seven dorms, plus ours," Sereia says.

"And all of them are different," Tanzanite adds.

"And each is based on the Legendary Seven," Jasper adds.

Then Briar says, "That's a lot to take in."

Grim feels overwhelmed, "All those names are way too long! How's anyone supposed to remember 'em?"

Cater laughs, "Ah ha ha! Well, you get the idea. Want to or not, you'll learn them soon enough.

Then Trey says, "At orientation, the Dark Mirror picks a dorm for you based on the essence of your being. As a result, each dorm ends up with a distinct sort of... flavor, we'll call it."

"That is sooo true. I totes see it." Cater replies.

"'Flavor,' huh...?" Deuce replies, curious.

"For example, look at that guy," Trey says, and turns his head.

The group looks to see Trey is looking at a student.

This student is tall with tan skin, defined muscles, and a stature considerably larger than his peers, especially other students his age. He has short, fluffy hair that spikes upwards, and a prominent tuft of hair falling between his eyes. His hair is a light silver color, and the hair closer to his neck fades into a darker gray. He has thicker-than-average eyebrows that match his hair color, and golden-brown eyes. He also has silver wolf ears on the top of his head with dark-gray tips. This is paired with a large, fluffy wolf tail of the same color that also fades into dark-gray at the end. When he shows his teeth, sharp fangs are usually visible. He often has a serious look on his face. He is wearing a school uniform like the others, but his magestone pen is yellow, and wears an orange and black band on his left arm. He wears some kind of necklace around his neck, and has a green shirt under his dress shirt.

Briar becomes surprised, "He has dog ears?! Or are those wolf ears?"

"That rough-and-tumble vibe he's got has Savanaclaw House written all over it," Trey says.

No doubt. That dorm is full of scrappy guys who are into, like, working out and fighting. How should I describe the vibe...? Macho dudes? Gruff big brothers? Something along those lines. The black and gold armband is another giveaway," Cater says.

"Huh." Grim replies, then notices another student, "All right, so what about that guy with the gray and purple cord wrapped around his arm?"

Briar and the others look to see the student. To Briar's surprise, she recognizes him from the mirror room when she first arrives. Only now he's wearing a uniform and his magestone pen is white, with a light purple and whote ribbon on his left arm, and wears black gloves.

"He's gotta be from Octavinelle House," Trey says.

Then Sereia notices a few students sitting at the table in front and asks, "And what about those two."