Chapter 21: A Duel Ill-Advised

Later in the night, Briar, and the others are fast asleep in their dorms. They have to be rested because Deuce and Ace have a magic duel tomorrow for leadership of the Hearthslabyul Dorm. Like the past two nights, Briar finds herself in front of the mirror once more in her sleep, and the mirror ripples as it shows an image in front of her.

Briar soon opens her eyes and finds herself in a dark place.

She looks around and says, "Another strange dream? So what's happening now?"

Suddenly, she turns her head to see Alice at a stand, almost like she's on trial. She then starts to notice that Alice is at a large size, maybe around a mile high or so.

"And as for you," Alice sternly says.

Then curtsy as she says with a sarcastic tone, "Your majesty..."

Then mutters 'Your majesty,' Indeed!"

Then angrily says to the Queen of Hearts, "Why you're not a queen. You're just a fat, pompous, bad-tempered old ty..." But soon notices that she has shrunk to her normal size.

Then grows uneasy, "...Tyrant..."

Then queen evilly grins as she chuckles and rubs her hands together.

Then questions, "And er... what were you saying, my dear?"

Suddenly, a cat known as the Cheshire Cat appears on the Queen's head. The cat is a purple and pink color striped with yellow sclera and black pupils for eyes. To Briar's confusion, it looks a little similar to Che'nya.

"Well, she simply said that you're a fat, pompous, bad-tempered old tyrant," the Cheshire cat says.

Briar and Alice are shocked to hear the Cheshire Cat is repeating Alice's insults.

Hearing that, the Queen screams in rage, "OOOOOOOOOOFF with her head!"

With that, the cards begin to fly everywhere trying to capture Alice. Alice acts fast and quickly runs down from the stands and away from the cards before they can capture her.

"Alice! Alice!" Briar calls out and rushes after her.

But Alice is already gone and the scenery disappeared.

"I... I don't get it! Why won't anyone stop the queen? Why do they put up with her and her insane rules?" Briar questions, expressing her frustration.

She sighs and says, "If only someone had stopped her before it came to this..."

Then wonders, "But... Why am I seeing these dreams? Why am I having them?"

Suddenly, Briar begins to hear dripping sounds coming from the distance. She then turns around to notice a red and black glow. Briar grows nervous and feels the strange aura seems to be full of negative energy. It sends shivers down her slime as she hugs herself off the fright. Suddenly, she begins to hear sobbing and whimpering.

"Wh-who's that? Is someone there?" Briar asks herself.

Briar looks around, but can't tell where the sobbing is coming from.

Briar eyes widens and begins to wonder, "Wait, why does this voice seem so familiar...?"

The next day, Briar slowly begins waking up and is now sitting up in her bed rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. She sadly sighs as she rubs her forehead, knowing that she has had another dream like the last two nights.

Suddenly, Grim walks in the room and says, "Hey, Briar! Sereia! Trinket!"

Soon, Briar turns to see Grim as Sereia and Trinket wake up from their sleep.